Uncertainty

SO, I worked a lot harder on this than any of my other stories so far, I hope you guys enjoy it. Feel free to give any feedback you guys may have!

Ship: Fuckles (GoodGuyFitz x Zuckles)

Desc: Mason had been pacing his room and avoiding Fitz for 3 days now, it's time he finally did something about it...

Warnings: Fluff, Angst, and Smut.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The soft hum of his A/C unit and the thick, fluffy blankets should have put Cameron to sleep by now, but the soft shuffle of socks on hardwood floor and quiet mumbling from the small boy in the room to his right was keeping him wide awake. Surely he could ignore it, as he had for the past 3 nights, but his curiosity and concern for the boy kept him from slipping into his much needed sleep.

It all started two weeks ago when the boys found out that Mason's room back at the misfits manor, had contained a major leak from the pipes that ran through his ceiling. Cameron was quick to let mason stay in the guest bedroom of his house while the situation was fixed. It had been about two weeks since Mason had been living at his house and it was going great, until a couple days ago when Mason had suddenly started to avoid him. Mason kept finding bullshit excuses to stay in his room or to go out with one of the other boys during the day, and it was starting to get on his nerves.

It was obvious that something heavy was weighing on the younger man's mind, but his feelings for him started a conflict within himself as he battled for whether or not to bring it up. On one hand, he wanted to provide comfort, and fix whatever problem he had somehow caused, while on the other, he wanted to leave Mason alone as it was obvious he wanted to avoid Cam at all costs. But as Cameron got more and more confused and angry at each shuffle of Mason's feet, all his hesitation got thrown out of the window as he lurched forwards in his bed.

With one concluding thought that yes, he was about to do this, he swung his legs off of the side of his bed and quickly walked over to Mason's door and pushed it open with some force. The younger man seemed to jump five feet in the air as he noticed Cameron standing in the doorway, looking rightfully pissed off.

"Mason." Cameron said sternly as he walked over to Mason, who was standing helplessly in the middle of the room. "Can you please explain what has been up with you for the past 4 days?"

Mason looked down at the floor softly, his voice hoarse from not sleeping well. "Don't know what cha mean cunt." he uttered out softly, fiddling with the hem of his t-shirt. Cameron growled softly, annoyed at the younger man's act and grabbed Mason's chin with his hand, forcing his head up so he was looking directly into the taller man's eyes. Mason whimpered at the rough nature Cameron was treating him with, but decided to keep his mouth shut, deciding that death was honestly better than admitting what had been wrong with him the past few days.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you." Cam muttered softly, but also angrily. The tone of his voice ran shivers down Mason's spine, and he hated it.

"Explain, please?" Cameron asked again, this time with more emotion, genuine hurt across his features. Cameron wouldn't admit it but he was very close to crying, mainly due to exhaustion and frustration.

"I..." Mason started, where could he even begin? This was such an emotional roller-coaster to explain to the taller man, and he wasn't sure if he could honestly take the rejection from him.

"I...can't tell you, you'll hate me Cam" Mason uttered out softly, looking down at the floor again as tears threatened to spill.

"Nothing you say could ever make me hate you, Mason... Trust me." Cameron admitted, calming down slightly upon seeing how distressed Mason was.

With newfound courage that he somehow managed to pull out of his ass, Mason finally spoke his mind.

"I'm so in love with you Cameron that it hurts." He rushed out, taking a deep, shaky breath while he continued. "It hurts so much Cameron, I can't sleep, I can't think. Being around you gives me chest pains, because I know you'll never, ever love someone like me. And the thought of the rejection you're about to give me is going to make me want to die, so good-bye" Mason finishes, tears spilling down his cheeks as he quickly turned on his heel and tried to make a break for the exit.

There was a loud thud as the door leading into the hallway was quickly slammed shut in front of him, and he was pinned to the wall to his right so he was mere inches away from Cameron's face. Mason continued to struggle, trying to break free as more tears appeared in his eyes, the entire situation overwhelming.

"Mason, please listen to me." Cameron pleaded softly.

"No..Let me go" Mason sobbed out, trying to avoid the heartbreak he was about to experience. The lack of sleep and emotional pressure from the whole situation was finally getting to him.

"Mason, I love you.. I've loved you for two years now. And I don't think I could ever stop loving you." Fitz quickly said, a small smile on his lips. Mason was sent reeling at that statement. Two whole years? There's no way in hell someone as gorgeous, and kind as Cameron could love someone like himself. His tears stopped flowing as he looked up at Cameron, confusion and shock displayed on his features.

"...you're lying, you have to be. There's no way someone like you could love someone like me." Mason said, the smile on Cameron's face faltering at his self-deprecating statement.

"I'm not lying Mason" Fitz replied. But upon looking at the still-distressed Mason and the confused look on his face, he decided to finally act. "Let me prove it to you."

"Prove it to me? How, cunt?"

"I can only show you, I need a yes or no, Mason...please." Fitz said, pressing his body closer to the trembling boy as he leaned closer into Mason's personal space.

Mason seemed to panic for a minute, still questioning whether this was all really happening. Whether Cameron, the man he loves, was really asking to prove his undying love for him. Right here. Right now. He quickly made up his mind, deciding that if this really was a dream, that he knows that he at least got a good one and that he managed to fall asleep this time.

"...yes" Mason replied shyly.

————————————————————————

"...I love you, Cam." Mason mumbled, eyes closed as he started to drift in and out of consciousness. Cameron smiled as he finished cleaning the smaller man, climbing into bed beside him as he pulled him close to his chest, kissing the nape of his neck softly.

"I love you too, Mason." And with that, both men fell asleep with smiles on their faces, and hope of a brighter future with each other by their sides.

~

It wasn't until 2 PM when they were both startled awake by a very pissed Ryan, and a very surprised Eric, that they realized that their relationship wasn't going to be as secret as they intended...

"What the fuck!"

EDIT: Okay so recently fitz has said that he doesn't like smut fanfictions, so I'm respecting his wishes and personally removing the explicit part of this chapter. Just know that every fanfiction I write of a real life person is of their personas, and I have no malicious intent with these fanfictions. If anyone were to contact me and ask me to remove any part of this book with themselves in it in the future, I will. Sorry to disappoint everyone, but I want to respect his wishes. I'm still going to be continuing this book and my other one, I just started university and i'm trying to get into the swing of things so please be patient.