T H R E E

"Amy's what????" Penny exclaims when Leonard calls her later than night.

"She's what?" Bernadette asks.

"Pregnant." Penny says excited which makes Howard and Raj break their glasses.

"Well it's a nice birthday surprise. What's that noise?" Leonard asks.

"Howard and Raj were shocked they almost fainted." Penny laughs.

Leonard laughs along with her "Well, at least they didn't faint like Sheldon."

"He'll come around...when are you guys coming home?"

"We'll be home in 2 hours. The doctor suggests staying for the night, but Sheldon insists to go home due to his fear that viruses might interfere with Amy's pregnancy."

"Okay, well take care and see you." Penny says as she hangs up.

"Well, what do you know. Sheldon pushed past puberty and knocked someone up." Howard says as he picks up the pieces of glass and everyone laughs.

****

"Sheldon, I'm pregnant not made of glass." Amy berates her husband for the nth time as he starts to hold her arm while they go into the elevator.

Leonard laughs. "Sheldon, you're making a big deal out of it." Amy glares at their friend "I mean this is a big deal but the way you're handling it is ridiculous."

"It is not ridiculous. What if she trips and breaks her neck? Or worse, what if she trips and the babies come out like jelly poo." Sheldon says as the elevator dings signaling them to get out of it.

"AMY!" Penny exclaims as she gets out of her apartment. She runs to hug her best friend "I'm so happy for you!" she then turns to Sheldon "You dog! I didn't know you had it in you!"

"Now, Penny. Amy needs to rest. Stop squeezing her!" Sheldon says trying to separate the two as Amy glares at her husband. "What???"

Leonard shakes his head and turns to his wife "Where are the others?"

"Bernie and Howard had to take the kids home, Raj had to take care of something, and Angie is asleep." She then turns to Amy. "Well, you need to tell me all about it." She drags in Amy amidst Sheldon's protests. Penny glares at Sheldon.

"You'll get there, buddy." Leonard laughs at his friend as he ushers him inside.

"Well..." Amy sits in Sheldon's spot while Sheldon sits beside her treating her like glass which surprises Leonard and Penny. "The last thing I remember is waking up and deciding to buy Sheldon his favorite bread since it's his birthday."

"Oh, yeah! Happy Birthday, Sheldon!" Penny suddenly greets him midway.

"That's not important right now!" Sheldon glares at her.

"You're being rude, Sheldon." Amy glares at her husband.

"Yes, ma'am" Sheldon says which confuses Leonard and Penny even more.

Penny whispers to her husband "Seriously, what is happening?"

"Anyway, the last thing I remember is buying Sheldon his bread then the next thing I know, I wake up and am in the hospital." Amy explains.

"But we could not reach you all day." Penny reminds her.

Amy sighs "My phone's battery died and was only revived late in the afternoon. Everything is a blur and the memory I had next was Sheldon and Leonard next to me with a doctor informing me that I am indeed pregnant." She smiles and looks at Sheldon "Happy Birthday, Sheldon."

"OHMYGOD! I really am so happy for you, Ames." Penny reaches out to hug her friend. "How far along are you?"

"4 months? Maybe I was too busy to notice the changes, but the doctor informed me that I was 4 months along." Amy says with pride. "And that I was carrying twins"

Penny's eyes widen as she looks at Leonard who was nodding as confirmation. "Oh my god Sheldon, I didn't know you had it in you!"

Sheldon stands up and holds Amy's hand "Alright, enough of this. Amy needs to rest now." He pulls Amy towards their apartment across the hall and Amy smiles at their friends in response.

As the door closes in apartment 4A, Leonard and Penny stares at it with pride. "Our son is all grown up." Penny exclaims, wiping a fake tear which makes Leonard laugh out loud.