T W O

Sheldon continues to pace Leonard and Penny's apartment that night with everyone watching him while having dinner as always.

"Sweetie, you need to eat. Don't worry, maybe Amy had an emergency." Penny says urging him to sit but he just glares at her.

"How can I stay calm when my wife is out there somewhere abducted by aliens? Or worse, buried by the boulder that used to roll behind Indiana Jones?" Sheldon's eyes widen at the thought.

Howard shakes his head at him "You do realize that we are in Pasadena and not in Peru or the middle of nowhere? Don't worry, she's going to be fine."

"How can I not be worried? She's been gone the whole day and I don't know where she is. I emailed her, nothing. I looked for her at work, nothing. I called her, voicemail. It was like that time again when she was weepy because Penny and Bernadette excluded her from their little outing." Sheldon looks at Penny "Maybe that's it!"

"Hey!" Penny glares at him "That was a long time ago, even before Bernadette was married. And hey! I'm also worried about Amy. She's my best friend!"

Bernadette walks into the living room, "Okay, the kids are asleep. Well, it was hard for them but finally Halley, Michael, and Angie are. So, what's up? Is Amy still missing?"

"Unfortunately, she is." Howard chimes in.

Sheldon continues to worry when his phone rings. Everyone looks at him expectantly as he answers "Yes, this is Sheldon Cooper. Amy is my wife. Is there anything wrong? Where is she? Uh-huh. Yes. What????" he stands up "Okay, I'll be right there"

"Well?" Leonard breaks the tension.

"The man says Amy is at the hospital." He looks at them "I need someone to drive me there."

Leonard grabs his coat and keys "On it, buddy." He then turns to the rest

"Call me." Penny pleads.

Leonard nods "We'll update you." He then urges a dazed Sheldon out the apartment leaving their friends worried, behind.

****

"Amy? Amy? Am –" Sheldon rushes out of the car as soon as Leonard parks amidst his friend's protests.

Despite being so sensitive when being in close proximity with hospitals, the only thing in his mind is the possibility that his wife may be in trouble or worse, sick.

"Can I help you, sir?" A nurse approaches him, and he takes a step back.

He stares at her wondering if she recently washed her hands with Purell or if was she exposed to any flesh-eating diseases or any viruses.

"Sir?"

"Sheldon, next time don't run so fast. I can't keep up with you..." Leonard says panting trying to reach over for his inhaler. "Good thing we're in a hospital" he looks over at a frozen Sheldon with a puzzled nurse in front of him and realizes that his friend is internally panicking. He turns to the nurse and says, "We're here for his wife, Amy Farrah Fowler? Someone from the hospital called us."

The nurse looks over at her chart. "Yes, she has been unresponsive for almost a day, she's right over at the room at the end of the hallway. If –" Sheldon snaps out of his reverie and hurries to Amy as Leonard apologizes and runs behind him.

"Amy?" Sheldon goes in only to see a doctor fixing her IV and his wife asleep. "Is she alright? Is it bad?" he hurries beside an unconscious Amy and turns to the doctor. "Will she be okay?"

"Sheldon? Will you stop leaving me behind?" Leonard protests as he sees an amused doctor. "Oh, hi Dr?"

She extends her hand "I'm Dr. Lundqvist. Your wife was brought here this morning, but we didn't know who to contact since her phone ran out of battery."

"Oh no, I'm just the friend. Amy is his wife." Leonard points at his friend who is hovering around an unconscious Amy.

"Is it bad?" Sheldon looks at the doctor worriedly. "I've read so many things about diseases. What if she doesn't wake up? What if—"

"Sheldon?"

Leonard and Sheldon both rush to Amy's side as she tries to sit up. "Are you okay? Where were you? Why didn't you call? The marriage agreement clearly states that both parties will confirm if they plan to disappear 36 hours before their disappearance." He starts to nag.

Amy sits fighting the sudden wave of nausea "Why are you here? Where am I?" she touches her head. "Why do I feel like I've been hit by a bulldozer?"

"You've been hit by a bulldozer????" Sheldon suddenly exclaims.

Leonard shakes his head and turns to Amy. "Where have you been? We've been worried sick."

"I don't know. The last thing I remembered this morning is I wanted to surprise Sheldon by buying the bread he really likes. It's his birthday you know." She looks at the window and asks, "I know I'm out of sorts but did I miss your birthday?" she turns to Sheldon "Why is it night time? Oh, and happy birthday."

"That's not important right now. You were missing the whole day! Where have you been?"

"If I may interject..." everyone looks at Dr. Lundqvist "Amy, have you been tired lately?"

Something dawns on her "I have been a little tired lately...."

The doctor smiles and says "Well, it's a celebration then, I've seen your tests and congratulations...you're pregnant"

Amy opens her mouth, shocked when they hear a thud. They look at the source and see that Sheldon fainted.

"I guess this is his surprise." Leonard says laughing.