O N E

Sheldon rolls over and reaches for his wife only to find her spot cold and empty. He squints his eyes from the light and looks around. No Amy.

"Amy?" he sits up and looks around. No Amy.

"Amy?" he walks out of their bedroom and expects her to be whipping up their breakfast as always but still no Amy.

Just to make sure, he investigates the bathroom hoping to see her there flossing as expected but she wasn't even there. He tries calling her but to no avail. He is getting worried and he doesn't like when he gets worried, Sheldon tends to overthink when she's worried.

He storms out of their apartment and goes over to 4A.

knock, knock, knock.

"Leonard and Penny"

knock, knock, knock.

"Leonard and Penny"

knock, knock, knock.

"Leonard and Penny"

"Sheldon, we all know that you have your own spare key so will you please save time and go in instead?" Leonard yells from inside.

Sheldon speeds off into the bedrooms without acknowledging his friends who in turn looks at him like he's out of his mind but then realizes that's his norm so why bother.

"Amy?" Sheldon goes into his old room. Nothing.

"Amy?" Sheldon goes into his friend's bedroom. Nothing.

"Amy –"

Sheldon goes into the bathroom as Leonard yells "SHELDON!"

"Amy –"

Penny sighs and goes to retrieve their frantic friend while balancing little Angie at her side. "Sweetie come on, why are you looking for Amy here? Isn't she supposed to be with you at your apartment?" She then on drags him to the couch.

Sheldon glares at Leonard "That's my spot."

His best friend sighs and says, "Good morning to you too." Leonard grabs his daughter from Penny then looks at Sheldon. "Why are you looking for Amy? Isn't she with you? Isn't she supposed to be with you?"

"Maybe she finally realizes that she wants to escape Sheldon" Penny chimes, in which Leonard laughs.

Sheldon looks at them in contempt. "She was supposed to be beside me this morning like always, she was supposed to wake me up, and was even supposed to make me oatmeal."

"Plain?" Leonard says and Sheldon nods.

Penny rolls her eyes "That's not the point, Sheldon! And don't you realize that she's your wife not your nanny." she then looks at her husband in disdain. "Anywho, where's Amy?"

Sheldon looks at her matter of factly "Aren't you paying attention? I was looking for Amy. Seriously Leonard, ever since your wife gave birth her brain became much mushier than before." He then leaned more into the couch "I don't understand her disappearance. We were clearly okay last night. I mean we had coitus even though there was no occasion"

"Maybe she got fed up and ran away...." Leonard laughs and stops seeing Penny and Sheldon glaring at him. "Don't worry, Sheldon. She might have had an emergency at work. You'll see her there." He gets up and urges his best friend to run along to his apartment. "Trust me, she'll be there waiting for you."

****

"So, what's with Amy being gone?" Howard asks Leonard during one of the morning coffee breaks. "Word is on the street that Sheldon was being so odd today. Not that he wasn't, but he was extra loopy today."

Leonard sighs and looks at an inquisitive Howard and Raj "He barged into our apartment this morning to look for Amy. Apparently, she wasn't there when he woke up."

"Maybe she went off for an emergency vacation. Maybe she's just at the lab." Raj says.

"That's highly unlikely. Amy always informs Penny of everything that's happening in her life which is kind of sweet but also borderline creepy." Leonard says.

"It's nothing to worry about.... Amy wouldn't do anything without Sheldon around." Howard says.

Sheldon approaches everyone at the cafeteria and everyone looks at him worriedly. "She's not in her lab either. I looked and asked everyone, but they haven't seen her today. What if she ran away? Or worse, what if she was abducted by aliens?"