Chapter 12

~Tony's pov~

After running for about ten minutes, he felt his throat get dry and his legs go numb. His heart was painfully pounding into his chest.

I should have participated at the conditiontraining last month, he thought.

He was heavily gasping, but when he peeked at Ziva, she didn't seem to have any trouble with the fast pace they were running in. Actually, she looked like she could go on for hours, like she was enjoying the run.

And the sister of the 'Baby Thief' didn't seem to have any trouble either: she was running in front of them, leading them to the busstation.

When they got there, Ziva stopped running and he stopped too, bending forward and placing his hands on his knees to lean on them, so he could catch his breath a little.

The sister asked something to a few people that were waiting for their bus to arrive. Probably if they had seen her sister, cause when she jogged back to them, she knew where her sister went.

'Those people said that they have seen her get on a bus to the edge of the city, another bus will be here any second. I will join you on the trip there, so that she sees a face she knows. And I promise you, there is no way that my sister will harm your baby!'

He nodded at her and then the bus arrived.

They got in and when he showed his badge and said it was an emergency, the bus driver let them get in without having to pay. Ziva thanked the busdriver and looked at him accusingly.

The sister grinned and he flashed a DiNozzo smile to the frowning Ziva, who shook her head and turned around to take a seat. When she did that, he saw a little piece of what was a smile on her face and he smiled too. Maybe she would forgive him for what had happened.

They all sat down in the back. Ziva was in the middle, he was at her left side and the sister at her right.

'So you two are cops?'

Ziva spoke. 'Agents, NCIS.'

'NCIS, that's for the navy, right?'

'Yes.' Ziva had a suprised look on her face and he understood. There are not many people who actually know NCIS at all.

'My name is Anna Janssen by the way, and my sister's name is Carmen.

We did not really have had the time to exchange names.'

'Ziva David.'

'Anthony DiNozzo.'

It was quiet for a while after this.

Then Anna talked again.

'So... What is the baby's name?

He spoke. 'Her name is Sarah.'

'What does she look like?'

This time, Ziva apparently wanted to answer. So she did.

'Sarah has emerald green eyes and dark brown hair. She is a beautiful baby.'

When she spoke about Sarah, a small and proud smile appeared on Ziva's face. She really loved children.

He had never thought that she would get so attached to Sarah, to any child actually.

This was a side of Ziva that he had never seen before this trip. This was Ziva's maternal side, a side he hoped he would see once or maybe twice after Amsterdam.

A side that she would share with him.

When she saw him looking at her, she quickly cleared her throat and went back to her usual pokerface.

As a return, he smiled a crooked smile at her, which made her cringe her nose and narrow her eyes to tease him.

'Oh my god.' Anna was suddenly a bit in shock.

'What?!'

Anna looked at him.

'I know why my sister took your child!'