EPILOGUE

A/N: I can't believe I'm finally ending another fanfic!! I'm quite glad to finish this. :') This fanfic is a bit of a mess...but here we go!

~Sometime after Flashback~

Hey. Biana.

Biana Vacker shuddered, glancing around her room at Everglen. She could've sworn she heard his voice, whispering her name.

But she knew better. Tam Song was gone. He was with the Neverseen, as he'd been for months now. As if Biana could forget.

Biana. It's me.

A knock sounded on the window. Biana frowned, turning away from the vanity, where she'd been painting her nails. Hovering outside her window levitated a black-cloaked figure, the Neverseen symbol bright in contrast to the dark garment.

Biana stifled a scream, backing into the vanity and spilling the nail polish. She quickly closed the bottle and glanced back at the figure at her window.

A flash of silver bangs. Eyes like blue glass.

"Tam?" Biana gasped, moving closer to the window.

Hi, Biana. Um, could you open the window? Or, you know, you can just leave me hanging...

Biana glanced down. The moonlight spilled across Tam's figure, spreading his shadow to hers. She ran to the window and threw it open.

Tam tumbled into her room, a mess of long limbs and black clothing. Biana helped him to his feet and stared at him.

He was thinner, the lines of his face stark and pronounced. The light of her room seemed to bend against him, darkening the shadows in his eyes and causing his pale skin to almost glow. Tears filled Biana's eyes and she pulled him into her embrace.

"Biana--!" Tam's soft voice faded away as she held him. Slowly, he wrapped his arms around her.

"You idiot," Biana muttered into his shoulder. "Why are you so stupidly selfless?"

"I missed you too," Tam grumbled, but he stroked her hair softly.

"I..." Biana pulled away, studying his face. "How are you here? Are the Neverseen here, too? What are you--"

Tam place a gentle finger to her soft pink mouth, hushing her.

"Relax. Alvar and I were sent to scout the area," he murmured. "See if there's anything left of the infamous Vacker legacy. I don't have much time."

Biana brushed away the tears welling up in her eyes.

"How is everyone?" Tam asked, tugging his bangs nervously. "Linh, Dex, Sophie, Fitz...hell, even Sencen. Are you guys okay?"

"We're fine." Biana met his eyes. "Missing you. Linh is...coping. I wish she was here, and she could see you. But don't worry; she's strong. We're all fine."

Tam swallowed, his throat bobbing as he nodded.

"What about Thea?"

Biana blinked out of sight, surprised at the question. She twisted her fingers together.

"Thea? She's okay. Elwin's helping her use her powers for healing. Apparently, he's a pretty good counsellor." Biana smiled. "She's getting better."

"That's good to hear." Tam leaned in close, their foreheads touching. "But what about you, Biana?"

"I miss you," Biana whispered. "And I wish I'd done this sooner, so that we had time."

She surged forwards, meeting his lips with hers. Tam gasped softly, but slowly kissed her back, pulling her close against him. Biana smiled against his lips as Tam's voice whispered in her mind.

I love you, Biana.

As they broke apart, Biana buried her face in his shoulder and let the tears fall.

"I love you, too."

They stayed there for a moment, frozen in time, hearts beating a symphony. Biana finally raised her head, teal meeting silvery blue.

"Are you okay, Tam?" she asked quietly, a faint blush brightening her cheeks.

"More than okay," Tam replied, interlacing their fingers. He sighed. "But I have to go soon, before Alvar suspects something. He's pretty dumb, but not that dumb. He'll notice I'm gone eventually."

Biana nodded, glancing around her room. She brushed a lock of her silky hair behind her ear and sighed.

"I guess you should go, then," she admitted. "Do you need anything?"

"One more kiss?"

Biana spun to face the silly boy and rolled her eyes. Tam grinned awkwardly.

"Alright," she agreed, and pressed her lips to his.

One...

Two...

Three...

Four...

Five.

Tam stepped back, disentangling from Biana and taking a deep breath.

"See you, Biana," he whispered, turning his head so she couldn't see his teary eyes. He approached the window and stared into the dark night.

"See you, Tam," he heard Biana reply. And he smiled and launched himself out the window.

Biana watched his shadow vanish into the darkness, pressing her fist to her mouth. Finally, she drew in a long breath and glanced at the sky, where the stars shone across the clouds like glitter. She thought about his hands clasped with hers, and she grinned.

Maybe their lives have been upturned and tossed into a mess and everything had gone to hell.

But Biana liked to focus on the positive.

And Tam's hands were no longer shaking.

A/N: that was so choppy and awkward and random but...THE END! I hope you enjoyed reading this chaotic fanfic, and that it satisfied your Tiana needs. It was quite a journey writing this; I am a very different writer than the person that started this a while ago. :)

Thank you so, so much for sticking with me, and I love you! <3

~Jade