CHAPTER TWELVE

A/N: Last chapter! O.O so sorry if it's terrible...

Here's a little shoutout to some of my readers that I probably haven't mentioned previously: SilverBeams (definitely one of my biggest inspirations to continue this story. Thanks so much!) bianaeliot (love you, girl!) geekgilr (always so supportive. You're the best!) Im-professional- (first reader. Thanks so much! I think you're offline now, but...thanks, anyways. :p) KotlcFansUnite (tysm for reading!) starryskykitkat (you're the bomb. Love you) lightofnovas (you're amazing; thanks for the support!)

[ If I forgot you, huge apologies!! I love you, too, and thank you for reading! ]

"LINH! DEX! FITZY! KEEFE! LINH! DEX! FITZ--"

"Biana?" Linh frowned, glancing at Dex. "Is that Biana?"

"LINH! DEX! GUYS! WHERE ARE YOU? OW--MY HAIR!"

"Biana or Keefe," Dex confirmed. "Probably the former, although Keefe can go falsetto if his Hair is in trouble."

Linh shook her head in amusement and they both raced in the direction of the yelling voice.

As it turned out, it was Biana, trampling through Everglen and flickering in and out of sight. She caught sight of Linh and Dex and sighed with relief.

"Guys! It's Thea!" she panted, racing towards them.

"WHERE?" Linh squeaked, spinning around to no avail. "And where's Tam?"

"Thea--she was in a tree," Biana replied. Linh and Dex frowned.

"She confronted us, and she was monologuing, and then Tam told me to get you guys," Biana continued. "So we need to go! Where's Fitzy and Keefe?"

Dex scoffed. "Who needs them?"

Biana opened her mouth, then shut it. She shook her head.

"Whatever. Let's go!" She darted away with surprising speed. Linh started and ran after her.

"Why are they always running?" Dex grumbled, chasing after the girls. He dodged Everglen's fancy trees and bushes, trying not to step on the flowers--

"DEX!"

He slammed into another elf, their heads colliding.

"My Hair!" Keefe complained, rubbing his head as he stepped away from Dex.

"Ack, sorry! Hurry! Biana! Linh! Tam! Thea!" Dex stammered.

"...What?" Fitz walked out behind Keefe.

Dex pointed frantically at Linh and Biana, who became smaller and smaller as they ran further. "They're running to Tam and Thea! Go!"

Keefe and Fitz finally understood, and the three boys tripped over themselves as they ran.

***

Linh's heart nearly stopped.

She'd approached the garden that Biana was taking them to, but Thea and Tam weren't battling like Linh had guessed. Thea leaned against a tree, twirling a blowdart between her fingers. A small smirk curled up her lips as she noticed Linh and Biana approaching.

"Late to the party, aren't you?" she murmured, pushing away from the tree with ease. She sauntered closer, and that's when Linh saw him.

Tam sat slumped at Thea's feet, a bright yellow dark sticking out of his arm. Otherwise, he seemed unhurt, but Linh's fists curled all the same.