Chapter 2: Secrets And Magic Training

"Welcome to Shadow Guardian High School," said a voice behind us.

Ethan and I turned around.

"Is there something you need?" Asked a young woman with shoulder length brown hair and blue eyes.

She wore casual clothes. She had a black thin sweater and a blue shirt underneath. She wore blue skinny jeans and black sneakers.

"Oh, Headmaster Engel. We came because I got us a new student," said Ethan.

"Headmaster!?!" I shouted in surprise.

Headmaster Engel smiled, not at all suprised at my outburst.

"Yeah. I am Headmaster or principle of this school. Welcome to Shadow Guardian. Now, let's go inside and figure out what we are going to do about your classes in my school," stated Headmaster.

We all walked in the school and walked towards a huge office. I seriously thought the headmaster would be different.

As I thought this, Ethan chuckled at my confusion and said "She looks young and carefree, right?"

I nodded as we followed her into the office.

"Okay. Ethan, explain the situation." Headmaster Engel ordered.

"Her and her friend stayed out during the Crimson Night. So, I saved them. However, she was the only one that was exsposed to the magic." Explained Ethan.

"I see." Said Headmaster thinking for a bit.

"Alright, let's go see what magic abilities you have gained and help you control them." Continued Headmaster grabbing some documents and heading over to a near by bookshelf.

She grabbed a small orb that was about the size of my palm from a box and handed over to me.

"Concentrate and focus power into the orb."

"Okay."

I let out a deep breath and looked at the orb. I concentrated for a while until the orb suddenly got warm in my hand. It slowly changed into a red color as if blood was spreading through it then swirled into multiple colors and turned back to the original orb color. I looked towards Ethan and his eyes were wide, then I looked towards Headmaster and her eyes seemed to be calculating what just happened.

Ethan turned his head towards Headmaster and said "What. Just. Happened. Of all the times I have seen this happen.... I have never seen... that."

"It seems that she has gained a very unique ability." Replied the Headmaster.

"Um... so, what ability... is it exactly?" I asked.

~Time skip~

BOOM!

"Aah!" I screamed as another fire ball was aimed at me and I barely dogded it.

"Lilian! You need to find a way to use your powers to block Nickolas's attack!"shouted Ethan from the sidelines.

"Well, it is kinda hard when I am constantly being attacked and I don't even know what my powers are! I don't even know how to use my powers..." I replied mumbling near the end of my sentence.

      Headmaster Engel and Ethan were observing as I was learning how to use my powers. I scoffed as I remember what they told me in the office.
"I guess we'll just have to find out!"

I growled remembering the evil grins plastered on the Headmaster's and Ethan's faces.

      Sadly, because I was too focused on the memory, a fireball landed directly at my feet causing me to get burnt and fly back due to the explosion caused from the fierce attack. I hit the floor and the floor came in contact with my arms, ribs, and head as I rolled on the ground roughly.

All I saw was blood. Blood dripped from my head and I gained some cuts and scratches on my arms.

"Lilian!" Yelled Ethan.

I slowly turned to see that he tried to run to check if I was okay, only to be stopped by the Headmaster.

       Suddenly everything turned red. There was no other color but red. I slowly sank in a pool of crimson. It was as if I was sinking in water but instead, I could breathe and the water was crimson. I slowly sank for a while until I turned to land on my feet at the bottom of the crimson pool. I was scared but somehow I kept a calm air around me and my emotions did not show through. I was scared yet... calm.          I looked at my arms and the cuts and blood was still there.

      I looked at them and I was quite curious. What power did I have? Maybe I can heal? So, I tried. I snapped, clapped and tried all sorts of things. Nothing worked, so I tried my last option. I put my right hand on my left arm and concentrated. Suddenly, my hand glowed a vey pale blue and my cuts started to heal. After I healed myself, I then got curious as to where I was.

I looked around me and then I felt a chill... as if someone was watching me. So, I turned around to see a little girl. She had very long, wavy, blonde hair and she wore a pure white dress that reached right below her knees. Her straight bangs covered her eyes.

Then, she spoke "I STILL HAVEN'T FORGIVEN THEM.... so... how?"

"How what?" I asked.

"How.... have you gained MY abilities?" Questioned the young girl.
"STOP!!!"
"How?"Questioned the young girl once again, slightly lower voice this time.
"LILIAN! STOP!"

"Ethan?" I questioned.

Suddenly, the young girl started to laugh loudly.
"Hahahahaha. How? It doesn't matter how. It's not like you can gain control of it anyway. Hahahahahaha."
"LILIAN! YOUR GONNA KILL HIM! STOP!"

     As quickly as the red appeared it was lost and I found myself gasping for air on my knees, still in the arena.

     Across from me, Nickolas was laying on the ground, on his back, holding his side as blood dripped from a wound on his side. I sat there, on my knees, in horror as Nickolas layed on the ground, coughing up blood on his pale face.

"Someone quickly! Get a healer!" Yelled Headmaster.

     Ethan was next to me, he seemed lost, like he didn't know what to do. My wounds were gone and I was no longer bleeding but my blood still stained the floor.

"Wha.... what?.... What happened?" I asked barely able to speak.

"You used your powers..." Replied Ethan, pausing and then looking at me.

He then looked at me and continued speaking with a blank face as if he didn't know how to react.

"I can actually show you what happened but... not now. We have it recorded and I'll show you when we go back to the Headmaster's office. We will nee-"

Ethan was cut of by a panicked voice of the healer working on Nickolas.

"Headmaster! My magic isn't working! He isn't healing at all!"

"What?"

Everyone was panicking and I was lost on what I should do until a thought popped into my mind.

"Wait."

I tried to get everyone's attention but no one could hear me.

"WAIT!" I yelled.

Everyone stopped panicking and running around to look at me.

"I think I can do something to help."

      I started walking towards Nickolas. Everyone but Ethan and the Headmaster shouted in protest but I kept on moving until I reached Nickolas. I then put both my hands on his wound and concentrated.

I took deep breathes and focused as hard as I could. Then, my hands started feeling cool as if icy air was blowling through them. My hands started to glow and the wound on Nickolas changed. The wound was closing up, healing slowly, but surely. After a couple of minutes his wound was closed and he was left with only a scar. Everyone cheered and Nickolas weakly sat up.

"Oh geez... how am I gonna keep all this hidden from Ashley?" I asked myself as I suddenly realized how much questioning Ashley may have been planning to do.