Chapter twelve

I wake up as he's opening my door and we're in my driveway. He reaches in and grabs my hand, helping me out of the car. Zion was right, I am tired. I rub my eyes and yawn again as he walks me to the front door. He wraps his arms around my waist and I raise mine around his shoulders. A chill runs down my body as his breath warms my neck. I can't believe we met only three days ago. It seems like we've been doing this for years.
"Just think", I say. "You'll be gone three whole days. That's the same length of time I've known you."
He laughs and pulls me even closer. "This will be the longest three days of my life", he says.
If I know my mother at all, then we've got an audience, so I'm relieved his final kiss is nothing more than a quick peck on the cheek. He slowly walks backward, his fingers sliding out of mine, eventually letting go. I watch him get into his car. He cranks the engine and rolls down his window. "Loly, I've got a pretty long drive home," he says. "How about one for the road?"
I laugh, then walk to the car and lean through his window, expecting another peck. Instead, he slips his hand behind my neck and gently pulls me toward him. We kiss. Neither of us holds back this time. I reach through the window and run my fingers through the back of his hair as we continue kissing.
We finally come to a stop. Our lips are still touching as we both hesitate to part.
"Damn," he whispers against my lips "it gets better every time"
"I'll see you in three days," I say. "You be carful driving home tonight"
He backs out the driveway and again straight into his own. I turn to head inside.
"Lilie!"
I turn around around and he shuts his car door and jogs toward me. He smiles when he reaches me. "I forgot to tell you something," he says, wrapping his arms around me again. "You look beautiful tonight"
He kisses me on top of my head, releases his hold and turns back toward his house. When he gets to the front door, he turns around and smile before he goes inside.
I walk through the front door to see mom sitting on the sofa with a book. "Well, how'd it go? Is he a serial killer?"she says.
My smile is uncontrollable now. I walk to the sofa and say "you were right, Mom. I love Ottawa"