Chapter Eleven

Zion steps out of the spotlight and off of the stage. I find myself hoping he gets lost in his way back to our booth so that I have time to absorb this. I have no idea how to react. I had no idea he fell for me. Boys loves to play with my emotions and I'm used to it. But this, this felt really real.
He slides back into the booth and reaches for his drink to take a sip. I have no idea what to say to him. He put it all out there, right in front of me.
My emotions take control over my actions. I reach forward and take his hand in mine and he sets his drink back down on the table. He turns toward me and gives me a smile, like he's waiting for me to say something. When I don't say anything he pulls his hand up to my face and traces the side of my cheek with the back of his hand. I don't understand the connection I feel with him. It all seems so fast. I put my hand on top of his and pull it to my mouth, then gently kiss me he inside of his palm as we hold each other's stare. We suddenly become the only two people in the entire room; all the external noise fades into the distance.
He brings his other hand to my cheek and slowly leans forward. I close my eyes and feel his breath draw closer as he pulls me toward him. He slowly kisses my bottom lip, then my top lip. His lips are cold, still wet from his drink. I lean in further to return his kiss, but he pulls away when my mouth responds. I open my eyes and he's smiling at me, still holding my face with his hands.
"Patience," he whispers. He closed his eyes and leans in kissing me softly on the cheek. I close my eyes and inhale, trying to calm the overwhelming impulse.
He pressed his forehead against mine and slides his hands down my arms. Our eyes lock when we open them.
"Wow," I exhale.
"Yeah," he agrees. "Wow."
We hold each other's stare for a few more seconds until the audience starts to roar again. Zion grabs my hand and whispers, "Lets go"
We exit the booth and our hands remain locked as he navigates me through the ever-growing crowd and into the parking lot.
"You don't want to stay?" I ask him.
"Lilie, you've been moving and unpacking for days. You need to sleep."
His mention of sleep induces an involuntary yawn from me. "Sleep does sound good," I say.
He opens the door, but before I get in, he wraps his arms around me and pulls me to him in a tight embrace. Several minutes pass while we just stand there, holding on to the moment. I could get used to this, which is a completely foreign feeling.
We eventually break apart and get into the car. As we drive away from the parking lot, I mean my head against the window and watch the club minimize in the rearview mirror.
"Zion?" I whisper. "Thank you for this"
He takes my hand into his and I eventually fall asleep, smiling.