Chapter Twelve

JAX'S POV

________________________________________________

I was awaken by a loud grumbling noise. After a while I brushed it off as my imagination but when it happened again I knew i wasn't. It took me a minute to realize it was my own stomach. I was sooooo hungry. I hadn't been brought food yet and Alec (who's name I've come to know) didn't mention anything. I vaguely remember having nightmares last night but something calmed me down. I couldn't remember what though. My stomach growled again and I groaned and sat up. I placed a hand and my stomach and silently begged for it to shut up. I didn't know if I wanted to eat. He could be hired by my dad to pretend like he wasn't going to hurt me or....something. Maybe I will hold off a little longer? Another growl. "Shhh!" I heard a rustling next to me and froze. Something was in bed with me. Then remembering that Siggy liked to sleep in bed with me I relaxed reaching over without looking to stroke her fur. I felt something soft but it wasn't fur. It felt like.....hair? I stopped my movement and looked over. There was a guy in bed with me?! "Ah shit!" I yelled and moved backwards. Flailing my arms I couldn't regain my balance in time and went over the side of the bed. This is the second time I have fell off he bed. What's happening to me?

"Ohhh ow." "That hurt." I landed on my back, almost falling onto Siggy. I heard rustling and quickly Alex was looking down at me worried. He relaxed though when he saw I wasn't in danger. "Are you hurt?" "Yes" I groaned some more and pulled my stiff body up. When I was in a standing position I made for the bathroom but didn't make it very far before I was pulled back onto the bed. "Why?" I demanded. "You smell good." Alec said. I stopped moving and looked at him raising my eyebrow. "You are crazy. And weird. And you kidnapped me. And you think...I..smell good. Hmm. I'm not sure how to process this information I must still be in shock." Alec gave me a lazy smile and let me go. I got up and frowned. What was I supposed to do? I didn't have any clothes or bathroom supplies or a hairbrush....so what do I do? I sat back on the bed and sighed. I was putting on a good front but honestly I felt terrible. My friends were probably a mess and here I was cracking jokes with my captor. I'm an awful person.

I felt Alec sit up and move behind me. "What's wrong?" He said gently. I felt his hands touch my hair and run through it. He very slowly started to make a braid I realized. I found his fingers in my hair very pleasant it felt like ma--- no! I couldn't think like that. He KIDNAPPED me. I was an easygoing person so when I had to deal with difficult and overwhelming things my brain felt strained and over worked and I got these very painful migraines similar to the one I had now. "I don't know what to do..." I said sadly. My stomach groaned again. Alec's fingers froze. "When's the last time you've eaten?" Crap. "Yesterday." I lied. "No I didn't bring you food then. So tell me the truth. When?" I cringed. I would have to tell him the truth. Oh well. Not like he can force food down my throat. "Umm about five days ago.." I mumbled fidgeting. I could practically feel him tense up behind me. "Come on. Now." He said getting up. I slowly followed suit until he went behind me and gently pushed me to go faster. We went down the stairs and into the kitchen. It's the first time I've been out if my room and I must say the house was huge! I looked up awestruck as Alec pulled me along.

"Wow....do you live here by yourself?" I asked trying to distract him but still genuinely curious. "Yes." Alec said never straying from his task. "Maybe you should give me a tour?" I offered trying to stop him. But he wouldn't hear of it and just kept walking till we arrived at our destination. The kitchen was big and had a lot if steel and marble. It was beautiful, and if I wasn't being held hostage I would've loved to live here. My bare feet were cold on the tile and I shivered. Alec went to the fridge and started pulling out eggs and orange juice and put a frying pan on the stove. He was facing away from me and completely distracted by his mission. I got an idea and started to put my plan into action. "Mm you know how to cook? I like that in a guy." I said slowly backing up trying to sound flirty but failing miserably. He was concentrating really hard and didn't even respond. Haha I knew this would be easy. I just kept backing up till I was out of sight and once I was I turned around and ran to where I knew the front door was. Even though the house was huge I could still tell where the front of it was. I turned a corner and slipped a little but regained my balance and kept going. My feet didn't make that much noise as I ran. I got to the front door and cursed when I saw three locks on it. I quickly started to undo them with shaky hands. The only time I ever ran from someone was either when I was playing around with the guys or I was being chased by my father or his men. Lets just say I was having déjà vu and it was not helping me to escape. I was on the last lock. I was surprised Alec wasn't chasing me yet. He must be really out of it today.

Finally I heard him give shout something and start running. "Come on come on!" I said trying to get the lock undone. Finally I heard a click and I threw open the door. I started running as fast as I could but froze when I saw my surroundings. There were tons of huge houses similar to Alec's and one giant one in the middle wich I was positive could be considered a mansion. I mean it was huge! There were kids playing outside wich really confused me. I looked closer and saw there was something else playing with them. It looked like a dog? No a..what was it? Remembering I was trying to escape I just started running again when Alec crashed into me knocking us both to the ground. When my body made contact with the grass I gasped for breath as the wind was knocked out of me. A furious Alec was sitting on top of me looking down. He wore looks of anger and concern. He raised his hand and I flinched closing my eyes and giving out a whimper. The last time I was in this situation the man on top of me slapped me hard more then once and proceeded to take off his clothes. I felt tears stream down my face. I know I said next time I faced my father I wouldn't give him my fear but I was now realizing that would be impossible to do. The man on top of me now was terrifying me and he wasn't even doing anything! I forgot how truly scary it really was. I couldn't stop the sobs that escaped my lips. Memories flashed through my head and I wanted to scream. I was scared and I was panicking. I started struggling to get out from under him to no avail. When I realized that wasn't working I put my hands over my face and continued to cry.

"Hey hey baby shhh its okay, calm down." Alec said trying to sooth me. It wasnt working. I couldn't get the images of the men out of my head.

He must've seemed to realize that there was more to it than just failing to escape. He looked extremely worried and got off me lifting me into his lap. I struggled wanting to get away from him. I was blinded by fear and didn't see him as Alec right now, I saw him as the man who raped me right before I escaped. He continued talking to me in a calming way. I struggled pushing against his chest trying to get away but he grabbed my arms and I eventually just gave in sobbing into his chest. I don't know how long we stayed like that but when I finally ran out of tears I just couldn't stay awake. I was partially aware if being lifted up and carried back into the house. I wasn't completely awake, but I wasn't completely asleep. I heard him close the front door and one handed lay to up all the locks. Impressive. My face was still buried in his now wet shirt but he didn't seem to care. He carried me up the stairs and many hallways later we reached a bedroom. He laid me on the bed and pulled all the blankets over me. He sighed and go in next to me wrapping his arms around me. Our bodies were facing each other and I knew he was staring at me. I heard him sigh. "We'll that's one way to get out of eating." "Though I don't know why you put up such a fight." He sighed again and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "What happened to you baby?" And then I fell asleep.