Cerulean City's Where It's At

Scooter cut down the tree to Cerulean.

"Alright," Nate said. "We're gonna need to get into uniform to pass Nugget Bridge, but we're almost to the cave."

"What about the Master Ball?" Hunter asked.

"We can afford ultras," he said. "And Midna is strong against Mewtwo. Besides, I promised you wouldn't do anything illegal. And how strong can Mewtwo be?"

Hunter smiled as they went in and bought as many balls as they could afford. They had a good thousand between the two of them, so they figured they'd be fine. Once they were changed into their grunt uniforms, they headed for Cerulean Cave, and found Mewtwo.

"Alright, Midna," Nate said. "Dark pulse it."

Midna used dark pulse, easily bringing Mewtwo to it's knees. Once it was weakened, Nate tossed a ball at it. Mewtwo went into the ball, but broke back out. Hunter watched as ball after ball failed.

"Maybe we should've gotten the Master Ball," he said.

Nate threw his last ball at the tired, beaten Pokemon. One shake. Two shakes. Three, and it was caught. Nate handed the ball to Hunter and smiled.

"Good luck," he said. "Giovanni will reward you well."

"You mean us," Hunter said.

Nate smiled and shook his head.

"I'm not going back to Giovanni," he said. "You take Mewtwo to the Boss. You need it more than I do, anyways."

Nate headed off, leaving Hunter to go back to Giovanni.