Chapter 7; The Dark City

Many normal days passed. Night got me a job to teach piano to kids and he taught the violin. Then he would go to his other job that his mother owned as I cooked dinner. We would eat then go to sleep. I had found a 6 year old boy named Tiny, with red hair and green eyes, who his mother had left him. So I asked Night if we could watch him and he agreed. So Tiny joined our daily cycle also.
However, one day, Night never came home. And my angel instincts were going of like crazy. So, I laid Tiny down to bed and went to go check it out.
I found myself in a dull, and dark city, the kind you would never want to be alone in. I pressed my ear to the sliding doors to where I felt the demon energy.
There was someone groaning inside, it sounded like Night, actually....
" What's going on here..? " The voice asked sluggishly.
That is Night! He must've gotten captured!
" Oh nothing, just something that we're using to take away your human half. " cackled a female voice.
Victoria! I should have know! That's it! I've had enough of her!
I kicked down the doors to see Victoria standing beside Night, who had fallen asleep.
I hate her!
I appeared beside her and slammed her head into the wall then ran over to Night to get the shackles off of him.
" I'm sorry for breaking in but you have a friend of mine! " I broke the last shackle and tried to wake him up.
But Victoria wouldn't give up there. She wiped the blood off and had a wicked smile, " Too bad, he already turned into one of us. " she had on the full demon armor and was glaring at me. " Runts, you go take care of Night, while I battle this bitch." She said to her pack of demons as she took out hell's sword. " This is a useless thing with Night having it. " She sneered down at it's blade , ready to kill.
" What did you do to him?! " I snarled as I threw daggers at Victoria.
She dodged them and slyly laughed, " We've just increased the power of his demon side to take over. When he wakes up, he should be an insane killer. "
What?! I was way too late!
" When a demon is new, they go on a rampage to kill. After a short time, of fifty years they calm down. " She said as she threw the dagger right at me, nicking my ear. She screeched and laughed as she began to yell at Night. " To the hells fires, awaken you blasted bastard! "
Night's eyes flung open. But instead of warm welcoming yellow ones, they were replaced with a blood red color. She smirked and looked down at her phone, " Angel, I'll have to leave you and night here. Have fun! " She Disappeared, leaving Night and I alone, in silence. my gaze drifted over to Night who was sitting up and accustoming to his new heightened eyesight and hearing. He got up and began to walk home, silently and avoided my gaze the whole way home. I was watching him as he began to talk to himself with a scared tone, " I'm a demon now..... A demon... " He shoved his hands into his pockets and walked a bit faster.
Tiny was still asleep when we got home, and Night started towards his room but I grabbed his hand, making him cringe. I tried to search for words to tell him, to comfort him. But I couldn't. He stares at me tiredly, "Shouldn't you be hating me now? " He asked quietly and sadly, he pulled his hand away and heading into his room and plopped on his bed. I balled up my fists, " Why would I hate you?! You are my friend. No matter what you are! "

He buried his face in his face, " I'm getting these images again... No, not again... I feel like I want to kill someone, I feel insane! " he looked over at me quickly, his red eyes glowing blood thirstily.

I started to get nervous," Please fight it! If you want I'll try to clam you or-" he interrupted me and raised his voice a bit. " I'm trying...! Now can you please leave me alone....? " I frowned and nodded as I left the room. I was worried for him. What else could I do?

I walked into my room and tried to go to sleep, but I was awoke with nightmares and more nightmares. So, I decided to go and sleep with night..... at a distance.