Chapter 3; Recovery

Slowly, the light began to shine behind my eyelids. Man, it was bright too....

Where was I anyways? Cautiously I opened my eyes and looked around to just find I was at home in my bed. I rubbed my eyes and hissed in pain. What was that? I looked at my arm and saw bandages. Oh no.... Hurriedly I stood up and saw that I had bandages on my leg too. " I see you're awake. " Ivy was standing in my door way staring at me a bit blankly. " Did you do this? " I asked her, but she shook her head no. " That boy you saved did. When I came to go get you he ran off. Weird boy..... He actually looked worried for you. " I suddenly felt the color rise to my cheeks causing me to hide it with my blankets. " Do you know him, Alice? " I looked up at her questioningly then sighed. Might as well tell her. " Yes, we've met. Last night he bought me hot chocolate and walked me home... " She gasped me mouth hanging open. " ALICE! You actually got a boy to talk to you! Oh I'm so proud! " She hugged me gushing over what she called, my ' soul mate '. I just rolled my eyes and stood up. If he was my soul mate, we would see each other again, but when? I have to thanks him for bandaging me up. " How about you get all cleaaned up? It's almost dinner time. " She left my room to got make our dinner. I looked around my room and saw my sword. It was clean, no signs of the stains from the black blood. Huh, black blood that built your body back? I'll have to remember that. I scribbled the information in my notebook. My necklace is gone.... Man I love that necklace! I sighed and went to go take my shower.

The next day was blank. No signs of Night or anything, so that leaves me clueless yet another day. Oh Night, where are you? I walked around the city looking in the windows of the shops seeing if there was anything I wanted, but nothing caught my attention. Until soon I stumbled across a sweet bakery with pastries inside. Now that sounded good. I took my wallet out of my purse and walked inside the bakery. The little bell ringed and the owner seemed to be helping someone. I took a long look at all the sweets deciding what I wanted until I felt a hand on my shoulder. " Hey. " said a familiar voice. No way.... I turned around quickly facing the person. It was Night. We always seemed to find each other whenever, wherever. He held his hand out, it was fisted around something. " Here... " I opened my hands and he dropped my necklace in them. Surprised I looked up at him and smiled. " you found it! Thanks so much! " He nodded quietly and started to walk away but stopped and looked back at me. " I was wondering.... Since you're my only friend I have, would you like to come and visit my house? We could have tea and talk... I feel we should talk anyways. " I stared at him for a long time. I probably looked like a stars struck idiot. Was he really inviting me to his house? " Um.... Yeah, sure! Sounds like fun. " I said nodding faster than I should have. He smiled and led the way.

When we arrived I felt as if I was going to die! Again! Nights house wasn't a house, it was a mansion. It's stone path way went to two long staircases meeting at a huge wooden door. " Y-Y-You live here?! Nice place!" I gawked. He smiles sadly and sighed. " I've inherited it from my mother. " He opened the doors to reveal a Victorian designed inside. He took off his jacket and smiled at me. " I'll go make tea. Feel free to explore around. " I nodded and he walked off to a maze of rooms leading to the kitchen. Soon I felt myself wandering around upstairs. The upstairs had many rooms and a huge library. Night's room was the far right of the hallway but it had a nice view of the forest nearby. I gasped in shock at how beautiful everything was. I went into the library and smiled. The library was filled with every sort of book you can imagine. candles gave a nice atmosphere to the library. I had to say, Night had a good designing sense! There was a single book on a desk. It was a book full of picture of plants and flowers. All hand drawn and in watercolor. Each Painting was of flowers and equally beautiful. Did he draw these himself...? I looked up and found him watching me holding the tea and a small fond smile on his face. " That's just a hobby of mine. " He said shyly as he set the tea down on a desk and walked over to me. " You're amazing. Really! If I didn't know better i would be here all day trying to pick them. " He laughed and motioned out the window. " They're just out in my garden. I'm not good as Leon yet. " Leon? As in the warlock that my sister and I worked with. " The warlock? " I asked. He nodded and walked back to the tea pouring us both some. " Yeah, Leon's a close friend. " He said a distance look as he came back over and handed me my tea and sipped on his. " I hope you don't mind me asking... I know you're a half demon and all but what's your story? " His look went dark a little bit and he turned back to me, deciding whether or not to tell me. He spoke slow to be safe, and started to tell me his story. " I was mainly bullied throughout my childhood until someone.... betrayed me and murdered me. I was a human then, but the hidden demon blood must have saved me.so I stay like this forever..." I nodded and sipped my tea as we fell silent. Finally my phone broke the silence. It was Ivy. I blushes out of embarrassment and waves an apology at him as I answered the phone. " Yes? " I asked. " Alice. You need to hurry home. I don't have anytime to explain but you need to come home now. " I looked up at Night and sighed. " can't it wait? " I questioned. She became agitated and yelled in the phone. " NO! GET HERE NOW! " And the other line went dead. Oh Ivy, why now? I fumbled with my phone and put it in my pocket again. " I'm sorry but I must go.... We should do this another time. " I said as he showed me out. " We should. Alice. " I blushed and looked down at my feet in a clover patch. Hey... I picked up a four leaf clover and smiled. " Good luck will come to you soon. " He smiles playfully at me. " Lucky you. " My blush came back and I held the clover out to him. " Here. You should have it. Good luck always comes in handy. Plus I'm an angel. I don't need luck. " He took the clover a surprised look on his face as color appeared on his cheeks also. " Thanks. I'm happy I meet you Alice. I'll see you soon right? " I smiled back and nodded " of course! " Then I ran off to find out what Ivy needed so badly. She needs to chill...