Supernatural: Fare Thee Well

By: Chupacabra94

Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. - Dean Winchester

*Cue Carry on My Wayward Son*

Ten years ago, I made a crossroads deal and sold my soul to Crowley. The British king of hell stole my heart with two simple words. Hello boys. After that I was hooked. Supernatural first aired in 2005, but I didn't jump on the bandwagon until 2009. I turned on the T.V. one night looking for something to watch and came across Supernatural. I loved the episode, but I was sad at how lost on the storyline I was. Thank Chuck for Netflix.

I dove head first into the world of Supernatural and caught up on all the seasons easily

I dove head first into the world of Supernatural and caught up on all the seasons easily. I knew my life was ruined after that. There was something addicting about the show. I couldn't tell if it was the attractive front men of the show that every girl and some men drooled over or the fact that I was always in the mood for a good horror show. Maybe it was both. Or maybe it was the amazing soundtrack that was its own character for the show.

Supernatural became a weekly ritual for me. I stopped what I was doing every ‪Thursday night‬ to spend an hour in front of my T.V. with my favorite snacks and favorite fictional characters. I wouldn't miss an episode. I spent part of my teenage years and my young adult years invested in a T.V. show that had most of my friends questioning if I was into witchcraft.

I knew instantly my life was over. I was sucked into another world, a crazy world full of demons, ghosts, and ghouls. Supernatural taught me a lot over the years. Three boys changed my life forever in just an hour every ‪Thursday night‬. It was my escape from the real world, just me and the three main characters fighting off whatever demons we faced that week.

When life beats you down, NEVER give up. - Jared Padalecki

While the main characters were battling fictional demons, I was facing my own real demons. From a young age I suffered from severe anxiety and depression due to the stress of school and trying to figure out where I fit in. Supernatural saved me, not just the T.V. show, but the men behind the T.V. show as well. Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins, and Jared Padalecki.

Some people find it weird when you say that a celebrity or celebrities saved your life. How can someone you've never met save your life? I've gotten that question a lot through the years, but I feel until you've had it happen to you that you'll never fully understand. You can save anyone whether you know them or not.

Don't underestimate your own strength. To persevere. To make it through the most difficult times. And just as importantly, don't underestimate your ability to help someone else during their most difficult times. Sometimes all it takes is a kind word, or gesture, to help someone make it through their day. - Jared Padalecki