Chapter 8 - Katherine

Katherine:

****

"No more lies," (Y/n) said sternly. "I want to know everything." 

****

Damon closed the door of the cell behind him and turned to look at (Y/n). She was stood a good three feet away from him He didn't say anything and hadn't since she had demanded that he tell her everything. "Are you scared of me?" Damon finally asked, afraid to hear (Y/n)'s response to his question. He could practically hear her gulping and her mind trying to come up with a response; the last thing that he wanted was for her to be afraid of him. The last thing that he was going to do was hurt her. He loved her.

"I don't know what to think, Damon." (Y/n) admitted. "I've just been attacked by your brother who is claiming that you are both vampires." She placed her head in her hands, trying to make sense of this whole situation. "Vampires don't exist in the real world, Damon. They only exist in children's nightmare and Bram Stoker Novels."

In his cell, Stefan stirred, waking up. "I met Bram Stoker once." He bragged. "Nice guy." (Y/n) and Damon both rolled their eyes in unison. Damon watched as Stefan got up and placed his hands around the bars of his cell. "Trouble in paradise, brother?" He asked, noticing that (Y/n) had now folded her arms; she still remained three feet away from Damon and the cell.

Damon turned his head to look at Stefan; if looks could kill, and if Stefan could be easily killed, then Damon's cold glances would've killed him in a heartbeat. "Will you, for once in your life, shut your mouth?" 

"Now, now, brother." Stefa shook his head. "No need to be rude. It's not my fault that you lied to your girlfriend about everything." 

"You tried to kill her!" Damon replied back, getting more and more annoyed with Stefan. 

"Wil the both of you, shut up?" (Y/n) said, getting frustrated. Both Damon and Stefan looked at her in shock. She looked at Damon. "Tell me everything, Damon." She begged. "I am seconds away from walking out of the door."

"Why haven't you, already?" He asked. He genuinely wanted to know, if he had just found out something extreme like this, he'd have been straight out of the door. "Because you're a good person, Damon. I can't see you as anything else."

Damon gave her a small smile, her words have given him some hope that he could salvage this entire situation. Stefan laughed. "Wait till you hear the rest of the story." Damon hit the cell door. "I swear to God. I will drive a stake through your heart and not think twice." 

"Nobody is driving a stake through anyone's heart." (Y/n) said, unable to believe that she had said those words in an actual sentence. "Start at the beginning." Damon and Stefan looked at each other. "When were you born?"

"I was born in 1839. Here in Mystic Falls." Damon said. "So that makes me-" (Y/n) raised her hand and waved. "I've figured it out." She stated, as hearing the number come out of Damon's mouth would only make this more real and she was almost certain that she would end up passing out of the stone floor of Salvatore's basement. For a few minutes, nobody said anything. (Y/n) watched as Damon tried to figure out what to say next. 

"Remember how I was telling you about Katherine?" Damon asked, even saying her name made him angry. It made him want to go back in time and change everything but he knew that he couldn't change the past. Even is he could, he wouldn't have met (Y/n) if he'd never been turned. She was the first thing in a long time, that had made him feel. "Katherine, did this to you?

Damon nodded solemnly as he remembered the events of that night. "We knew that she was a vampire and we still tried to save her." Stefan chimed in, shaking his head with a smile on his face. "Were we idiots?" He asked although it appeared that he was only talking to himself as he smiled, "Nah! I love being immortal." 

(Y/n) rolled her eyes once more, and looked back towards Damon. "You tried to save her?"  She asked, feeling a twinge of guilt that she was interrogating him. He was a good person regardless of all of this and him trying to save Katherine all those years ago was just proof of that. "Our father knew what Katherine was and sent her away. He hated us and did it to spite us because he knew how much we cared for her; we were too blinded by love to see that she was playing us against each other." Damon said, with regret. He had let that bitch come between him and his own brother. "In an attempt to save her from being murdered, my father shot me and I drank Katherine's blood because I wanted to be with her forever." Damon looked at the floor. "She just didn't want the same."

"I'm sorry." (Y/n) said, feeling incredibly overwhelmed. "I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that, but I can't stay here anymore." Damon felt what was left of his heart, breaking inside his chest. "(Y/n)-" He said, but deep down he knew that there was nothing he could do to change her mind. "I can't," She sobbed. "I have to go." Damon watched as she ran up the stairs. "Well, that was emotional," Stefan said, tilting his head at Damon. 

"Piss off," Damon said, snapping his neck again. Stefan's body the floor as Damon ran up the stairs after (Y/n).

****
(Y/n) heard Damon run up the stairs after her, but she couldn't stay; this was all too much for her to handle. "Damon's so needy, isn't he?" (Y/n) heard a voice talking to her but didn't recognise who it belonged to. "He's almost as bad as Stefan." The person added, scoffing. (Y/n) looked around but couldn't see anyone. "Look up." (Y/n) did and noticed a woman standing on the bannister. Before (Y/n) could ask who she was, the woman jumped from the bannister and landed in front of (Y/n), taking her by surprise. 

"Who are you?" (Y/n) asked, taking steps backwards in an attempt at getting away from this woman that she did not recognise. "You know who I am." The woman replied, smiling. It took (Y/n) a few seconds before she spoke again: "Katherine?"

"The new girl got there, eventually!" Katherin smiled. "I bet you've been dying to meet me, haven't you?"

"Not really." (Y/n) admitted, nervously, as she heard Damon running up the stairs after. She never thought that she'd want to be near him as much as right now. Katherine heard him too and it only made her smile more. "Oh good, a reunion." Katherin grabbed hold of (Y/n), breathing on her neck. 'She's going to bite me', (Y/n) thought as the basement door opened and Damon appeared.

"(Y/n), can we please just-" Damon stopped as he realised what was happening. "What the fuck are you doing here, Katherine?" He held his hands out and walked slowly towards (Y/n) and Katherine. "This had better be some sick joke because I swear to Satan himself, I left you locked up in a tomb."

"Hello, Damon," Katherine smirked, ignoring his question. "Did you miss me?"

"You wish." He replied, looking at (Y/n). "Whatever you want, it has nothing to do with (Y/n), so just let her go." Katherine pretended to think about this for a minute before she replied. 

"Yeah, no." She shook her head as she pulled (Y/n)'s hair, making her whimper in pain. "You have something that I want, Damon. I'll be in touch." With that Katherine and (Y/n) were gone. 

"(Y/n)!" Damon screamed, punching a wall in anger.