Chapter 6 - Don't touch me

Don't touch me:

****

(Y/n) got out of the shower, wrapped her robe around her and drying her hair with a towel. She looked at herself in the mirror and for the first time in a long time, she looked genuinely happy. In her reflection, she caught a glimpse of the necklace the Damon had given her just a few nights before:

"I've got something to give you," Damon said, sitting next to (Y/n) and handing her a box. 

"What's this?" She asked as Damon handed her a box. 

"Just a little something that I wanted you to have." He watched her intently as she opened it up to reveal a beautiful necklace. "Oh, Damon!" She exclaimed, "It's beautiful!"

"I've had it for years." He admitted. "You see that stone there?" He asked, pointing to a beautiful stone that had been woven into the charm that hung from the necklace. "It's supposed to keep you safe and protect you from nightmares." He explained. "I bought it for the day that a special woman walked into my life, so she'd know that I was always keeping her safe." He looked at (Y/n). "And that woman is you." He winked before kissing her. He watched as (Y/n) moved her hair away from her neck so that Damon could put it on her. For the first time, Damon did not focus on the flesh on her neck; that had never happened with anyone before.

"Damon, I love it." (Y/n) smiled. Damon only hoped that she'd wear it forever. 

****

(Y/n) smiled at the necklace, except that she didn't notice Stefan laying on her bed, his head on her pillow. "Hello, you." He said, flashing her a smile. 

"Hey." She said, cautiously. "What are you doing in here?" (Y/n) asked as wrapped her arms around herself, feeling Stefan's eyes on her body and it made her self-conscious. "I came to see if you were alright and to chat," Stefan replied, raising his hand to his chest and pretending that he was offended by her question and her tone of voice. "Are you always that snappy with friends?" 

(Y/n) couldn't help but laugh. "We are not friends, Stefan." Stefan let out a fake gasp as he jumped off of the bed, causing (Y/n) to take a step back. She found herself back into the chest of drawers; one of the handles had stuck into her back but she was too paralyzed to move. She didn't trust Stefan, not one bit. She had a good sense of judgement in people and she knew better than to believe that his motives were good ones. She wouldn't go so far as to claim that he was dangerous but god, he was right up there. 

"You don't like me?" He questioned, with a pout. This pout quickly turned into a snarl. "Then why the hell are you here?" 

"I'm here for Damon, or haven't you figured that out yet?" (Y/n) replied, standing her ground. Stefan scoffed. "What the hell has he got that I haven't?" He raised his eyebrow as he tried to lift up her robe but (Y/n) moved his hand away. "A hell of a lot more." She said. "He's more of a man that you will ever be." (Y/n) pushed past him and tried to walk away, but Stefan was quick, too quick and grabbed her. "Get off me!" She struggled, trying to escape Stefan's grasp. 

"I'll show you what a real man's kiss is like." He snarled, trying to force his lips onto hers, but she dodged him. He held her still in his arms and looked deep into her eyes. "Stop moving and kiss me." He said, as he leaned in and kissed her.