Chapter 13 - The Return Home

The Return Home:

****

By the time that Damon, (Y/n), Stefan and Alaric had returned to the Salvatore Boarding House, (Y/n) had woken up. She was obviously incredibly shaken up by the whole thing but was really glad to see Damon. "You saved me." She said, hugging him. The feelings of his arms around her waist was the feeling that she had craved all that time that she was with Katherine. "Of course I did." He smiled. "I will always choose you." He added, kissing her forehead.

****

(Y/n) smiled as he walked with her to his bedroom. The first thing that (Y/n) had wanted to do was to grab herself a shower and wash away all of the blood, the tears and the pain that she endured during her time with Katherine, but the truth was that she was scared. 

"Damon." She asked, nervously. "Can you stand outside the bathroom? In case something happens?"

"Of course." He said, running his fingers through her hair. "But you know that nothing can happen to you anymore." He stated as she nodded slightly before going into the bathroom. As Damon promised, he waited outside the bathroom as he heard the shower begin running. He sat down on the bed, bringing his hands up to his face. A sense of relief shot through him; (Y/n) was back and Katherine was gone for good. 

"Hey. I'm sorry about the cure." Damon looked up and saw Alaric stood in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe. "Hey." Damon smiled. 

"I know how much you wanted to take it," Alaric said, feeling guilty. "I shouldn't have let Stefan take it from me."

"It's not your fault, man," Damon replied, shaking his head. "I think it was destroyed for a reason." He admitted. "I just don't know what that reason is." In the bathroom, the shower turned off. "I'll figure something out," Damon added, he certainly hoped so anyway and for his sake, so did Alaric.

"I'll give you two a minute." He said, heading towards the door. "Stefan and I,  are ordering dinner, so we'll get you two something." He added, before leaving Damon alone in the room once more. It was just moments later that (Y/n) came out dressed ina towel. "How was your shower?" Damon asked, admiring her in all her beauty. 

"It was great." She said, giving him a faint smile. "I feel miles better already." This was brilliant but they both knew that she had a while to go before she really felt like herself again. "Who were you talking to?" 

"Alaric. He and Stefan are ordering us some dinner." Damon stood up off of the bed. "I'll leave you to get dressed and I'll see you downstairs."

"Wait-" (Y/n) said, causing Damon to turn around. (Y/n) placed her hands on his cheeks and kissed him gently. "Thank you for saving me tonight."