Chapter Two - My Captor

**OMG! Can you believe it's been MONTHS since I last uploaded? I SUCK at this author thing. But I hope this chapter will make up for that. Finally the second chapter. Yay! *happy dance*

**Okay. So. In this chapter we meet a very interesting person. This chapter may not be as long as I wanted it but, that's okay. Here it is. My pride and joy. Chapter 2.....

~Songs I listened to while writing:

-Spring Time by Yiruma (piano)

-Home by Three Days Grace

-Scared and Lonely by Three Days Grace

-Not Meant To Be by Theory Of A Dead Man

-The Climb by Miley Cyrus

-See You Again by Miley Cyrus

Chapter 2 - My Captor

Waking up at Dark Academy was disorienting. Different.

At home everything was always the same. Unchanging, constant. You wake up expecting something and you weren't disappointed. Here? No such luck.

I sat up and looked over at my alarm clock. It read 6:30am. I then looked at Meg's bed. It was empty and unmade. She must not have wanted to wake me.

I rolled out of bed and went to the window. The suns rays were just peeking over the horizon. If I didn't know and better, I'd think we were back on Earth. But, sadly, I did know better.

As I stared out the window, I began to admire the beauty of this place. Since we were in the South common rooms, we were facing the back of the grounds. Everything I saw was behind the castle. The castle itself was set on a grassy hill that stretched until it met sand that lay on the shore of on the shore of a lake, to the west, about a mile or so from here. If I leaned out the window and looked to the left, I could see a forest of evergreens, oaks, and other kinds of tall, green trees. I didn't see any buildings or signs of civilization so the town must be visible from the front of the castle.

Sighing to myself, I left the window and headed for the bathroom across from the beds. I grabbed a towel and set it on the toilet. I turned on the shower and set the temperature to warm. I took off my clothes and stepped under the running water. I bathed and rinsed quickly then got out and wrapped the towel around myself. I walked over to the mirror.

I didn't look any different, yet I felt this tremendous change in me. Belonging? Maybe that's what it was... I looked closer. I still looked the same. The same brown eyes. The same eyebrows. The same small round nose. The same plump lips. The oval shaped face. My black hair that was just past my shoulders was the same. Even my mocha skin tone was the same.

I left the bathroom and went to the closet. I pulled out a white, long-sleeved button up shirt with a pair of black slacks. Along with, you guessed it, a tie. I sighed.

"I really hate uniforms," I said in a monotone as I grabbed some underwear and left the closet.

I dressed them grabbed a comb from the dresser and dragged it through my hair a few times. I pulled on my socks and shoes then walked across the room to the door. I quietly closed the door behind me then turned and walked down the narrow hall toward the stairs.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw that a few students were walking around, talking in low voices and watching the morning news. I looked around and didn't see Meg or Shai anywhere at all. I crossed the room looking down the whole time. I didn't want to meet anyone's eyes. Reaching the door I stepped out into the silent hallway. I started to the left and walked a short distance. Then I remembered something.