6 || Journey to Judgement Hall

A breeze whips my hair out of my face as Alphys, Sans, Papyrus, and I march towards Judgement Hall. Undyne decided to stay back at the lab, she said she'll keep an eye on us with her monitor. Alphys and I walk side by side in front of the skelebros. I can feel Papyrus' glare burning into the back of my head without even looking at him.

  "So, this Error guy...what're his weaknesses?" Alphys asks, turning to me.

  "Well, he has an extreme fear of physical contact and an ego the size of the entire underground," I reply, "he's cunning, but if one of us distracts him long enough we could take him out,"

  "OH! DID I FORGET TO MENTION THAT I CALLED FOR BACKUP?" Sans pipes up. Alphys whips around to face him, a proud look in her eyes.

  "Nice, Sans! Who'd ya call?" She asks.

  "A..." He pauses and glances up at his brother anxiously, "GOOD FRIEND OF MINE," Alphys just nods and continues striding forward. Sans and I lock eyes and I know exactly who he called up. I grin at him and give him a thumbs up, which causes him to giggle to himself. So cute!

  "Tell me, bro, do I know this friend?" Papyrus asks, his voice laced with suspicion. Sans fidgets with his gloves and stares at the ground.

  "Dude, Papyrus, lay off," I say coldly, "if Sans called for help, that's great. Error is a major threat, we need as much assistance as we can get," 

  "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with the human," Alphys says, "if this sucker is as big and bad as he sounds, we need to bring in some backup," Papyrus grumbles something under his breath and shoves his hands in his hoodie. A satisfied smile forms on my lips at his defeat.

As we trudge through Hotland, I fan my face as beads of sweat roll down my forehead. The heat doesn't affect Sans or Papyrus since they're skeletons, but I see Alphys wiping her brow multiple times. Well, it's not called Hotland for nothing...

"Judgement Hall is in the palace, but don't worry about the guards," Alphys says, "they won't give us any trouble as long as I'm here," I nod in understanding. We travel over a few air vents, which make me a bit nervous with the bubbling lava beneath us. By the time we've passed through the vents, my hair is a complete mess. I hear a few snickers from Papyrus as I attempt to fix it. I whip around and glare at him and see that he's covering his mouth with one hand and smirking at me.

  "Tch..." I mutter, turning away from the tall skeleton. I let my thoughts wander as the four of us continue our journey.

I've only encountered Error once, it was during a training session in the Doodlesphere. I remember Ink was teaching me how to aim with my energy and the glitchy skeleton just popped up and scared the crap outta me! He didn't hurt Ink, but he gave him a warning.

"Keep training that little glitch and I'll never let you see the end of it, Ink," He had said. I recall Ink yelling at him to leave and nearly throwing his beloved paintbrush at the guy. The memory is a bit fuzzy, but the look Error gave me...I'll never forget it. It sent chills down my spine... It was like he stared right through me. His gaze was full of pure hatred.

"Hey punk, you still with us?" Alphys asks, snapping me back to reality.

"Yeah...Yeah, of course," I reply, still a bit shaken from the thought of Error's glare.

I spot the palace in the distance and can't help but admire how beautiful it is. It reminds me of the ones in fairytales with its majestic towers and traditional architecture. At the doors, I'm able to make out a colorful portal that brings a smile to my face.

It'll be nice to see Ink again. I haven't seen him in about a year!

A figure emerges from the portal wearing exactly what I remembered him wearing, tiger print shoes and all. He still has that paint splatter on his cheek! My pace quickens as I grow more and more excited to greet Ink, causing the others to speed up as well. When we finally reach the castle doors, my face lights up and I race over to Ink.

  "Oh my stars, (Y/N)!" He exclaims, hugging me tightly, "It's amazing to see you after all this time, I've missed you so much!!"

  "I've missed you too, Ink!" I reply.

  "GROUP HUG!!!" I hear Sans shout. Before I even have time to brace myself for the impact, Ink and I are both tackled by a blue blur. The three of us giggle like idiots and help each other to our feet. Papyrus looks unamused at our little reunion.

  "Ink," He says coldly.

  "Papyrus," Ink replies, brushing himself off, "how are you?"

  "Just peachy," Papyrus says, sounding the exact opposite of that.

  "OKAY!" Sans exclaims, jumping between Ink and his brother before things escalate, "LET'S GO STOP ERROR!"

  "We need a plan first," Alphys says, placing her hands on her hips.

  "Okay...(Y/N) and I will start the attack with my paintbrush and her sword," Ink starts. I grin and summon my blade, slicing it through the air.

  "After that, Alphys can knock him out with everything she's got," He continues. The warrior smirks and cracks her knuckles.

  "Then, Blue and Papyrus can—,"

  "Let me stop ya right there, pal," Papyrus says, towering over the artistic skeleton, "my bro here isn't gonna fight Error. I'm down to kick his glitchy ass, but I'm not putting Sans in danger,"

"PAPY, I'M GOING TO DO THIS!" Sans shouts angrily, "I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF!"

"I'm sorry, but I'm not letting you take that risk, Sans," Papyrus says, placing a hand on his brother's shoulder. Sans shrugs him off, clearly frustrated, and walks over to join Ink and me. Papyrus scowls and shoots me a death glare.

"This is all your fault, you little—,"

"PAPYRUS!" Alphys snarls, "That's ENOUGH, don't ya think?" Papyrus doesn't say anything, but he still glares daggers at me. My expression darkens and I challenge him with my eyes.

"O-Okay, guys! Let's not fight each other when we have a much bigger enemy before us!" Ink says, obviously uncomfortable. I tear my eyes away from Papyrus and stride with Ink and Sans by my side to the castle entrance. Alphys and Papyrus follow behind us. I sigh deeply, closing my eyes for a second. When they open, they're glowing with white energy. I shove open the doors and immediately spot my enemy.

Error sits lazily in a throne at the other end of the room, twirling a sharp red bone between his long fingers. He wears a large black jacket with a blood red shirt underneath it. His teeth are a disgusting yellow and he wears black basketball shorts with blue stripes running up the sides. On his feet are simple black sandals. His eyes flit up to us and the bone in his hand vanishes into thin air. He stands up from the throne and I feel my wings appear on my back.

"Ah, the little abomination," He says, his low voice echoing around Judgement Hall, "we meet again,"

+++