chapter two: staying

"Addie, Addie Long."

Addie Long, what a strange name.

"Addie, why would you even what to know my name?" I asked again.

"I don't know," she replied, "I think it was because I wasn't very comfortable calling you 'Phantom' all the time."

She went over to her phone and checked the time.

"Well I'd better be off," she said as she packed all her stuff in her bag.

"May I ask where you are going?" I asked not really wanting her to leave.

She put on her bag and looked up at me, "I've got a job interview to go to. I got fired from my last job and I have to pay my rent to stay in my flat soon"

"Could you come to the Opera House tomorrow?" I asked, "I'd like to get to know you better and I'd like to hear you sing again."

"Of course I'll come back," she replied smiling, "Besides, after all these years, I think you need the company."

"I'll see you tomorrow then," I said giving her a light smile.

"See you tomorrow."

(Time skip brought to you by my sleeping dog)

Addie's POV:

So my interview went horrible, wasn't accepted. I can't seem to find another job to apply to. I went to bed hoping tomorrow would be better than today.  Well, I'll see Erik again. I still can't believe that Christine left him for Raoul. If only she'd see who Raoul would become ten years later; Drunk, abusive and a gambler. I woke up the next day to a knock on my flat door. I opened the door to see the landlord Mr Goodman with his hand out. (SML reference BTW)

"Give it to me," he said with slight irritation in his voice.

"What?" I asked.

"YOU'RE FLAT PAYMENT ADDIE!" He shouted. Now I was nervous, because of work problems I didn't have enough to pay my rent.

"I-I don't have it" I stuttered.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE IT!?" he shouted, clearly ticked.

"I mean I don't have it," I replied, "work is being a pain so I don't have enough to pay rent. Please, give me two weeks at least."

"You said that last time and you still don't have it!" He said, "now pack your stuff and leave." And with that, he left.

Well, I was officially screwed, I don't have any relatives in Paris, same with friends. I thought for a minute, maybe Erik would allow me to stay in the lair with him. It was worth a try. I packed a suitcase and went to the Opera House. When I went inside, my first instinct was to go to Prima Donna's room. He wasn't there but on the desk was an envelope with a wax seal shaped like a skull. I opened the envelope and read the note:

Dear Addie,

Apologies for not being here to greet you, I didn't know what time you'd be here. On the back of this note is a map to guide you through the labyrinth. When you get to the edge of the lake, there shall be one of my spare boats there. I'll see you soon.

Your Angel of Music,
Erik.

I opened the mirror to reveal the labyrinth, I walked through the labyrinth using the map provided by Erik. I got to the boat and set my suitcase in such a way that it wouldn't make the boat trip when I got in. I arrived at the lair to see no Erik.

'I wonder where he is,' I thought.

I was getting close to the edge of the water when I saw Erik coming out of a room which I assumed was the bathroom considering he came out of there with ONLY a towel on.

"Well this is awkward," I said getting his attention.

He turned around to look at me and I swear I saw his cheeks go red. But I didn't pay much mind to that as I couldn't stop looking at his very well-toned body. Might I add that he didn't have his mask or wig on but he didn't seem to want to cover his face? Must have been too embarrassed about the current situation.
(A/N: btw I'm using this Phantom disfigurement)

"A-Addie!" He stuttered, staring at me wide-eyed " I wasn't expecting you for another few hours

"A-Addie!" He stuttered, staring at me wide-eyed " I wasn't expecting you for another few hours."

"I can tell," I said giggling.

"Um.... come and make yourself comfortable while I get dressed." He said walking to his room.

I guided the boat to the edge of the lake and got out. I sat on the stool at his organ and waited for Erik to change.

Erik's POV:

Well, that was embarrassing. I sat on the edge of my swan bed and put my head in my hands letting my fingers go through my hair or lack of. That's when I realized she saw my face but.... she didn't scream or run like everyone else. As I got dressed, Addie and I had a chat.

"Addie?"

"Yes?" She replied.

"I noticed that you had a suitcase in the boat with you, may I ask why you have it with you?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah, um" I could tell she was nervous, "I was wondering if maybe.... you'd let me.... stay with you?"

I instantly stopped what I was doing. Stay with me?

"I have no friends or family here and I don't have anywhere else to go," she said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

I'm aware we haven't known each other for very long but I don't think I'd ever like to see her homeless on the streets of Paris and besides, I don't want to be alone anymore.

"Yes Addie, you can stay with me," I said putting a dress shirt on.

"Really?" She asked.

I walked out of my room without my mask and wig on and saw her sitting at my organ, "of course" I said smiling. 

She stood up and ran over to me embracing me in a hug. I tensed up for a moment but then hugged back.

"Thank you, Erik," she said looking up at me smiling.

I put my hand on her cheek and simply said, "your welcome mon petit ange."

(A/N: Jesus this next chapter took forever!  Hope you enjoyed anyway. Next chapter will possibly have a lot of music in it. You have been warned. See you next chapter)