Chapter 4: Blue Jeans.

I'm extremely sorry for any grammar/ spelling mistakes I make.

If you find one in this chapter, or any other, please notify me.

Picture on the side is what Tyler looks like.

Chapter 4: Blue Jeans.

Jasmine has been lying in bed for what seemed like hours, hugging one of the many pillows placed beside her.

Unable to sleep, she pulled her self from under the warm sheets after checking the time on her cellphone.

3:09

She went to the built in closet and grabbed some kicks and an oversized sweatshirt. In its pocket she stuffed her cellphone, along with other objects she had pulled out of the bag she'd used earlier that day.

She then made her way to the window, one good thing about the guest room at the Smith's is that it's on the ground floor. Or as Jasmine would say 'you don't need to put much effort to sneak out'. Once she was out she pulled her hair into a ponytail, using the pink elastic band she wore around her wrist.

The park wasn't that far, a few minutes walk that you could cut down to only 2 minutes if you jog your way there. Usually at this time the park would be empty but for some drunks, prostitutes, and drug dealers. All three won't bother her, nor ask her questions. And that suited her perfectly.

When she got there she went to the first bench in sight. She sat crossed legged, and started emptying her pocket. She checked the time on her cellphone right after she pulled it out, 3:17. Then, with two fingers she pulled a cegarite out of the white and silver pack, and looked for her lighter with her empty hand. "Shit" she said under her breath when she realized she had forgotten the lighter.

She sat there. Inhaling and exhaling. Staring at the trees gently swaying from side to side, wiggling the cigarette between her fingers. She tried to keep her mind from wandering but she failed. She kept on thinking about Tyler. What has he done to her, what was so charming about him, why couldn't she take him off her mind, and why does her subconscious seem to be very interested in him. Her thoughts were soon cut off as a slender figure approached her.

"Do you have a lighter?" She asked the man in the navy blue jacket, New York Yankees baseball cap, and a cigarette in his mouth.

He nodded in response, reached to his pocket and tossed the lighter to Jasmine without looking at her. Then he caught his lighter when she tossed it back while they nodded their 'thank you' and 'you're welcome'. Taking his place next to the brown haired girl, he put both the lighter and his cigarette pack on the bench between them. It was hard for Jasmine to recognise his features in the dark, but his hazel eyes glowed in the moonlit night.

"How long have you been coming here?" he questioned, looking at her, trying to capture her features.

"a little over a week" She said avoiding eye contact.

"Aha, it's the first time I've seen you here... How old are you?"

"I'm not here to make friends" She said calmly, but that didn't stop him from sensing the annoyance in her voice.

"I can tell. Little miss attitude" it was still too dark but she saw that he smiled at the end of his own sentence. Jasmine gave him a mocking smile, not sure is he can see it. But it surely emphasized his point.

He stood up facing her, dropped his cigarette and crushed it with his heel. He started walking backwards then shot her one last smile, a thin deep line formed on the lower part of each one of his cheeks, then he turned around and left.

Not long after hrs left she decided it was time to go back, and while reaching for her things she notices the silver 'I ♥ N.Y' lighter and the dark blue pack laying next to her. She grabbed them, not knowing what else to do. And with that she left to get to the Smith's before any of them wakes up.