Chapter 5: Boyfriend.

Little Bird - FKA Chasing Cars.

Chapter 5: Boyfriend

Finn looked into Jasmine's wide chocolate brown eyes, still a little red and sore from all of last night's crying. Her dip-dyed brown hair -the same color as the mocha he had that morning- in a loose ponytail, a few strands hung down edging her velvet smooth cheeks. "What?!" She exclaimed, her voice low yet squeaky.

"Nothing" He smiled at her "So what's with you and that Shia dude" He whispered, his tone a little serious.

Shia. He went to the same middle school Jasmine went to, back then he wasn't that attractive, but now -thanks to puberty- the girls are all over him. He was in the schools basketball team, and damn it he was fit. He had brown eyes that matched the color of his short hair. His features were all ordinary, but they were arranged too well. All sugar, spice, and everything nice. As for ingredient X he had that aura of confidence that made him seem a bit cocky, yet more sexy.

"What makes you think there's something between me and..." She whispered a little lower trying to sound as deeper "That Shia dude?"

"Well, he just walked you to calculus"

"And whats wrong with that?" Jasmine raised her eyebrows waiting for a response, when she got none she continued "He asked me out"

"You said yes?" His whisper yelled too eagerly, revealing much more interest than he intended to.

"No. Not yet. We exchanged numbers thats all" She said, a small smile creeping to her face.

"Oh, trying to play hard to get, huh?" He teased, alarmed by her new beaming smile. "Anyway, are you staying at Natalie's tonight?"

She raised her index finger and said "One: yes, but we're hanging out at Gemma's after school," then her middle finger joined her index one "and two: you should never mistake between playing hard to get and genuine disinterest"

Suddenly the curly haired blond who sat in front of the two leaned back in his chair and turned his face to them "I don't know about you guys, but I plan on graduating this year. I know you're solving the middle eastern conflict with that conversation of yours, but I think it can wait. Now, if you don't mind, I have calculus to pass" He turned around fast enough to not get caught talking in class, and continued on chewing his pen as he tried to concentrate on what ever the teacher was saying, leaving both Jasmine and Finn staring at his back before they broke it with little muffled giggles.

"We'll talk after class" Finn said even quieter than before, and Jasmine just nodded.

"So, what did you mean by genuine disinterest?" Finn asked, as he walked the hallway with Jasmine.

"It means that right now I'm not really interested in Shia. I mean I am- like there is no sane girl who wouldn't be, just I'm not exactly into him, does that make sense?" She tried to explain without giving out much information nor details. As they approached the lunchroom doors she waved to him "Listen, I need to go to the restrooms, nature is calling".

"Kay, I'll be at our table" Finn replied pulling his phone out of his pocket as he walked into the lunchroom. Minutes later, Jasmine walked in and made her way to their table.

Taking the empty chair next to Finn she couldn't help but notice how Alison's fist clung to the orange fabric that covered Finns chest, sitting in his lap, her lips connected with his. Jasmine cleared her throat in a bid to get their attention. "Oh hi, didn't see you there" Alison said taking deep breathes right after she pulled her face away from Finn's, she watched Finn wipe the corner of his lips with his fingertips and did the same before whispering something in his ear and hopping off his lap "Later Jasmine" she waved and left, whipping her dark locks off her shoulder.