Part 7

At Harry's appointment the very next Thursday, Harry found himself still thinking about what Dr. Horan said last week about how Zayn made him happy. He thought it was a crazy conclusion because he had only known Zayn two and a half months and only saw him a couple days a week. How could Zayn be making him happy already? He didn't believe it. He refused to.

They ended up discussing it a little more after Harry brought it up again and he even explained to the Doctor why he didn't agree with him. He made a great defense too... But it still didn't work. Dr. Horan just explained to him that he was right and he was sure to remind Harry that he'd been doing this eight years and he had seen his share of patients. If anything, he helped Harry to see that he was the one who was wrong.

As for Harry, he couldn't compete with experience, so he eventually just gave up. He had to to accept that Dr. Horan was possibly right and just move on from it. And in time, he would have to see for himself.

"Come on, Li Bug. Sit down at least. Won't you do that for Pa?"

But it was clear Liam didn't want to sit on the potty training toilet when he began to cry.

"Liam don't cry. Please. Zayn said you were a good boy today when I was with the doctor. Can you be one for me too?"

But Liam kept crying anyway.

"I'm leaving." Harry faced the bathroom door to see Zayn peeking his head in.

"What?"

"I'm going home today, I have to work tomorrow. See you Saturday, Harry."

"You're leaving now?"

"Yeah, see you later."

"Wait... You can't go." Harry stood up, taking his attention off of Liam.

"Why not?"

"Because... Look...Liam's crying."

"So cheer him up."

Harry frowned. "Cheer him up? You're not gonna do anything?"

Zayn laughed. "I don't have to. You're his father. Not me. And you should know what to do."

He turned to leave but Harry stopped him. "Wait!"

"What the heck do you want?"

"Look." Harry stepped aside and Zayn saw Liam sitting in the middle of the floor throwing a full on tantrum.

"Don't pretend you haven't dealt with that before because I'm sure you have. Now I have go. I've got something important to do."

"But..."

"No. I'm sorry."

"Zayn."

"Goodbye, Harry. Saturday." Then he quickly disappeared before Harry could say anything else.

.

.

.

"What the fuck, Zayn! You went and got an apartment?!" Louis spat as they sat outside in Zayn's car later that evening.

"Do you like the location?"

"Do I like it? Are you really asking that? This is rediculous! How can you stay here and at a house at the same time?!"

"I'm not staying here. This is just for when Harry comes."

Louis placed his hands on his temples and sighed loudly. "Oh just fuck him already. Give me Liam, I'll watch him and you two can just touch each other and kiss each other and love each other until your hearts are content."