Chapter Two-Insane matters-1994

Video of REM's classic 1988 song 'Orange Crush', a song that a catalyst to the themes of in the Mirror trilogy, right in the MEDIA SECTION, that spreads over three decades.

Warning: It is rated PG for adult themes.

You must be 13 years and over to hear it.

***

Lisa Mayers was agitated.

It wasn't like she needed to be told Harris was gone. 

She looked into the mirror.

She applied red lipstick on her mouth.

Her long, curly, blonde hair was cut recently.

Her blue eyes shone in the bedroom.

She wore a white dress.

On the wall, the picture of Soundgarden filled her with hope that not all rock bands were evil. She'd kept all over the band's CD's; she'd kept her high-heeled shoes on the ground. 

And when she thought of him, she heard the loud ding of the front doorbell interrupt her moment. It was very important to go out tonight.

At 21, she wanted to have a life.

And she left her bedroom, walked down the small hallway, and opened the door. "Harris, is that you?", she asked.

Then, as if by an answer, she didn't see him.

She saw the NYPD instead.

***

Detective Andres didn't smile.

He waved his badge.

"Detective Andres, NYPD".

"Yes".

"There were reports of screaming coming this apartment. There's something that warrants investigation, where's Harris?", he asked.

"In his apartment".

"131st and 7th Avenue".

"Yes".

"We have police there. They think that he's murdered someone. And we have good reason to think that", he declared.

"He hasn't murdered anyone".

And she broke down...and cried.

***

"But...".

"It's too late. We know what happened to the others in the 1970's, and 1980's. It isn't what anyone cares about these days. You see, we're in the Bret Easton Ellis nihilistic novels where yuppie Wall Street killers like to go Robert Bloch on their girlfreinds, and others. Hell, you gotta see those assholes losing their bread since the '87 crash, like in '29".

"Stuff you".

And he grinned.

And that's when he handcuffed her...and took her down to the police station on the charge of abusing a police officer.

***

Page 3.