Secrets

" I know, Wolfy, eventually I will tell him but for now my father can know nothing about us!" I yelled at Wolfy, hating how he was looking at me, anger burning in his eyes. It had been about a month since that night on the Cliff. One month since we had finally both owned up to our feelings and Wolfy was angry because I didn't want to tell my parents, he knew them but he still thought I was overreacting. Overreacting. I'll show him overreacting.

" Don't give me that. You've never cared what he thought of you! You never have, it's me you're ashamed of, Julianna." His voiced cracked and lowered on my name and I couldn't take it. We were stood in his room, Wolfy didn't live in a castle, but if you ask me a mansion was pretty damn close.

" I am not ashamed of you, Wolfy, you mean the world to me, I just don't think my father is going to see it that way. I'm sorry I just don't and for now, I just can't tell him." I whispered through tears as I held his face in my hands. Our relationship had moved quickly, although, really, our relationship had started the day that Julian had brought Wolfy to our house after school, Julietta hadn't even been born.

" OK. But, Julianna, please, just promise you'll tell him soon." I just nodded. I just needed to figure out how I could make my father understand

For the next few days, the argument was all but forgotten. Wolfy didn't mention it and neither did I. I'd decided not to even think about it, or what he had asked me to do. So, instead of discussing it, we just carried on as if nothing had happened. I lied to my father and told him that, during the day, I was sleeping at a friends house; during the night, I went swimming in the lagoon or, hunting animals in the woods. My father barely noticed, my mother, however, was constantly asking questions. It seemed like a completely normal, motherly thing to do, but my mother barely ever even said a word.

" Julianna? Where are you of to this early in the night?" She asked me from the top of the stairs, I stopped next to the door, half way through pulling on my black leather ballet flats.

" I'm going swimming, why?" I answered, more defensively than I had intended.

" Is it a crime to take an interest in my daughter?" She asked me, a small knowing smile flitting across her face before she composed it back into her usual blank expression.

" No, it's just really goddamn strange." I replied, " Bye." I was out of the door and half way down the gravel path before she had even had the chance to respond. I didn't look back. My mother had always been a distant woman, never really, there, mentally anyway. I never knew how to interact with her. She wasn't loving, like my sister or Wolfy; she wasn't playful, like Julian and she certainly wasn't overbearing, cruel, ignorant and arrogant like my father. She was just around. I was seven, when my mother became how she is now. Before that she was actually loving, almost like a human mother, but then something happened.

I had just arrived home from school, Julian ran straight to the kitchens to find an after-school-snack. I wasn't hungry and though I never went in there, I decided to go into my mother's art room, she loved art. She wasn't there and I'd always wanted to sit in the big, spinning computer chair by her desk, but as I was walking around the large, ornate desk, I tripped, and fell. I didn't hurt myself, something broke my fall and looking to my right, I saw that I was layed across my mother. She was laying in a pool of her own, thick red blood. I screamed, leaping up and fleeing the room. " DADDY! Daddy! Daddy, Mummy's HURT!" I yelled the loudest I possibly could, it was daytime (We had to attend human school) and my father was asleep but within thirty seconds he was stood in front of me.

" Where, Julianna? Where's mummy?" He asked me anxiously, he was so sweet back then.

" She's in her art room." I answered. My father ushered me into another room and left a servant to put me to bed.