Chapter Four-The nightmare-Mid 1984

Picture of the haunted mirror in 1984...to the right in the MEDIA section....

***

I closed my eyes.

I opened the front door.

"Tim!".

And I screamed, as a large black mass burst down the freezing hallway...and headed into the mirror room.

***

I ran outside.

I didn't want to think if Tim was possessed by the thing. Yet, I was scared. I noticed Eva smiling. She was putting the laundry out.

She wore a blue dress, black stockings, a white bra, and black boots. Her long, black hair was normal looking.

"I don't want to alarm you...but something's happened to Tim". I cried. Eva stopped using several pegs that she was holding.

"Is he sick?", she asked.

"He bought that haunted mirror".

"The one from that 1974 rummage sale".

"Yes!".

And she felt her blood turn cold.

"He's in grave danger".

"But...".

And the door slammed shut by itself...and locked me out.

***

"I have a spare key".

"I have some friends who could help get rid of the mirror. They're from New York's Paranormal group".

"Will they ask for money?", I enquired.

"No, it's for free. The price is that you must make sure that your life isn't harmed. You know that movie 'Ghostbusters', isn't real".

"Yes, ghosts don't scare you in libraries".

"Yeah, well...Let's go to my apartment. And we can make the calls. We can't have more people possessed or dying".

"No, of course not", I nodded.

And we walked down the path to her apartment that was off 131st street...and 7th Avenue...in New York...just as the temperature dropped to 52 degrees by 4:00 PM.

***

The black man smiled at me.

"Hey, I know your art work".

"Yeah, I've sold some paintings in art galleries. Thanks for the support. I'm Ava". He shook my right hand.

"Bill".

"Is Nate in, Bill?", Eva asked.

"Yes, he was...tired from the session". The Session was a séance that was ending in disaster. Five investigators were dead; two were in the midst of seeing ghosts, demons, and otherworldly things that were only seen in horror movies...

...We crept inside...

...And, when we saw Nate dead...the remaning survivors raced outside into the Light...until they also died from their shaking bodies that shut down due to the intense shock of their horrifying ordeal that happened in the apartment.

***

"My God, Nate".

I called 9-1-1 on my phone.

And we waited for the NYPD...and Ambulance to arrive. And, because everyone was scared, it took another ten minutes before they also died, like Nate was.

***

Page 5.