~ Chapter II ~

~~~

~~~

I had visibly sighed in relief before I fell to the ground, only then noticing how the pain and my complaining weren't for nothing. A huge injury that lingered from my leg, a flesh cut visible from it, made my eyes watery.

If I were in the village, this wouldn't have happened.

I whipped before I took a large piece of the drenched fabric and ripped it off from the bottom part of my dress, exposing my tarnished legs. I had hesitated a bit before I put pressure on my skin, which resulted in an immediate yelp.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." A tough, but biter voice intently whispered.

I spun around, searching the voice with sudden alarm. Finally I spotted him, under the dense shade of the tree at the edge. Only his eyes were glittering, as the moonlight reflected from the river to his golden orbs.

I took a deep breath, somehow fright leaving my body, and being replaced by curiosity.

"Who's there?" I whispered, my voice shaky but determined to get a response.

He stared at me, his eyes dark in the shadows, his expression unreadable.

"Step into the river." He spoke unexpectedly. The male reached to the sword that hung from his belt.

I froze.

"Can you walk?"

I shook my head, not able to answer a loud.

And now, he was in front of me, standing less than three feet away. The only difference was that his whole appearance was now possible to detect.

He is beautiful. I thought.

"Can you speak?" He inquired formally, a deadpan expression decorating his perfectly shaped features.

"Y-y-es." I shyly stuttered. His expression then softened while his tranquil eyes glazed to my trembling body.

"Don't be afraid." He murmured, closing the gap between us. The man sat close to me, with unhurried movements as if he was careful not to make me even more uncomfortable.

"Who are you?"

He hesitated for a second, but he luckily complied with my request. "Law."

"Law," I repeated, fidgeting the soaked fabric in my hands. Tearing my attention from him was nearly impossible but I managed to reflect it on something else. His skin. It was stunning, silky, darkly tanned, covered with black spirals that were creating an image. Law's fingers were tightly clutched to his sword, unintentionally giving me the opportunity to observe it at close.

I had never seen a guy like him. Ever. From his dark colored hair, to the golden eyes.

"And you?" Law asked, halfway turning from me. Even his voice was magnificent.