seventeen

Please Vote and/or Comment

I'm sorry you seem to have mistaken me

For a woman who will take your shit

~Ali Parker

Chapter Seventeen

*The next day*

"Come on Cherish! Show me why you're the best!" Cameron Miles the photographer cooed. I smiled showing my pearl whites and tilted my head to the left curving my body, creating an arch. My hair falling down like a golden waterfall. "That's it!" she said cheering me on while clicking away like the madwoman she is. "Come on! Show me why they Cherish you!"

"Make the boys drool!" Rachel my manager egged me on. I mentally rolled my eyes, I hated the fake prep talks they gave, they left a lot to be desired.

"Just a few more Cherish," I pulled my best pose and gave the camera a come hither look. Clicking the camera a few time Cameron came up to me "that's a wrap, great job Cherish!"

"Well done" Cameron gushed pulling me into a hug which was awkward considering that I was about two feet taller than her at 5f" 8, so I had to bend my knees a little.

Sighing I quickly went into my changing room and changed into my 'civilian clothes' as Rachel dubbed me. She told me that I was a superwoman dream come true to men all over the world.

"Cherish, I don't like that your moving so suddenly to California" Rachel told me walking into my changing room, her eyes intently on her white HTC One. I had the exact same one but black. 'I mean I get if you want to move, but tomorrow!" She said exasperated.

I rolled my eyes but smiled at her, Rachel might come off as standoffish but she cared.

"I know this is fast, but I think this is the right choice for me and Leo." I told her quietly twiddling my thumbs "And ummm... Leo's father lives there to".

Rachel started to choke on her spit "What!" She yelled appalled "So, you're going to California to meet Leo's baby daddy? I can't believe you're blowing all this away for a guy that doesn't deserve you or the cute cuddly protective mass of toddler! Wasn't it enough that you named you pile of loveliness after a bastard like that! Now you want to introduce them to each other?" she ranted. I couldn't help but laugh. "Bitch there is no reason now for me not to come, your life is better than any soap opera that my mother watches"

"This is the reason why I wanted you to be my manager, Rache" I said still laughing "Your special"

"And I thought it was because of my professionalism" She huffed crossing her arms over her chest, rolling her eyes while trying not to laugh.

"Ya, because your so professional and know your boundaries" I sarcastically tell her "Anyways I have to go pick up Leo from Football practice, he was so upset that I couldn't watch this time, so I promised him we'd go get ice cream together.

"Sure, sure" Rachel said waving her hand at me. I nudged her shoulder gently as I left.

~~

"Hey baby, how was practice?" I asked him as he jumped into back seat. Waving to his coach as I backed out of the parking lot.

"It was great!" He enthused "Coach says the team that gets me in California is very lucky cuz they get me" He proudly states pointing at himself. I laugh and nod my head.

"He's right any team in California would be lucky to have you" I agreed.

"Mom? If I get two scoops ice cream you won't get mad right?" he asked smiling at me, batting his eye lashes.

"You spend way too much time with your aunt Em and cousin Amy" I said snorting at him.

"But, you missed my football practice today so I get two scoops of ice cream" He argued. I chuckled at his determined little face, violet eyes excited for ice cream. Leo's in the stage of his life where he argues about everything and anything.

"Nope," I smile popping the p.

"Moooom" he complained stretching out the o. I just laugh at his exasperation.

"Just kidding, baby. Of course you can have two scoops of ice cream" I say, causing Leo to smile brightly at me. "But promise me that as soon as we get home you're going to make sure that you have everything packed up and ready for our move" Leo's face fell as I said we have to move.

"Mom, do we have to move?" Leo asked in a soft voice I almost didn't hear him.

"I'm sorry baby, but we really do" I answered in an equally quite voice. I cleared my throat as tears filled my eyes "But, there is someone waiting for you in California"

"Who?" Leo asks me in a whisper.

"Your dad" I say pain lacing my words. I quickly pulled the car to the curb, my past crippling me as tears raced down my cheeks.

"My dad" Leo whispers in awe "you mean I get to meet my dad".

"Yes" I whisper through sobs my arms wrapped around me.

"Mom, why are you crying?" Leo asks frantically hearing my sobs.

"Nothing,baby" I tell him.

"Mom, did he hurt you?" Leo asks in a whisper. I chocked on a sob, Leo has always been smart.

"No, baby" I lie to him.

"Mom you're a terrible lierer " Leo sternly points out. I laugh a little at his words.

"It's nothing baby I promise, I just thought it be good for you to meet your daddy" I tell him half of the truth. Of course I wanted Leo to know his dad, but at the same time I didn't. It's not like I have any other choice other than to move packs, which I will never do. He will never make me run away from the only people who ever cared about me.

"Okay mom" He brightly tells me happy about meeting his father, I could already see all of the plans he's making of doing with his dad.

Dad, was he ready to meet him? Was I ready to confront him him?

Please Vote and/or Comment