Chapter 1

I wake up suddenly to a loud bang, which causes me to fall on the floor. Groaning, I look around and see that I fell asleep in the garage again. Looking to my right, I see a box of tools is lying on the ground. "That explains the loud bang" I mumble to myself as I pick up all the tools. I pick up my phone and check the time. Its five thirty in the morning and I groan, since I don't have to wake up til six. Might as well start my day so that I don't have to rush.

I walk into my room to take a shower and glance at my desk. Sitting on my desk is a picture of me, my mom, and my uncle. I smile sadly at the picture, "I miss you guys." My name is Ashton Red, I am a senior, and seventeen years old. My mom Julia died two years ago during my sophomore year of high school and my uncle Dameon died last year during my junior year of high school. I never knew my dad since he abandoned me and my mom when I was younger and started a new family. My uncle stepped in and helped support me and my mom.

This car shop/house is-was my uncles, now it's mine. When my mom died, my uncle took custody of me. Then when he died, my dad "took" custody of me. The reason I say "took" custody of me is because we struck a deal. The deal between me and my dad is that I live here and work part time to support myself and he will send me the other half of the money I need. I don't see him and he doesn't see me, and we are perfectly fine with that.

I finish showering and get dressed. Then I make myself something to eat and once I'm done, I drive to school. Upon arriving at Greymont Academy and I see my friends waiting for me. Parking my car in the first available parking spot, I get out and greet them. "Hey" I say. "Sup" Ozzy says. "It's the last year of hell and then we are free" Troy says. I met Ozzy and Troy two years ago at the beginning of my sophomore year of high school. They were the only ones there for me when my mom and uncle died.

We make our way into school and head to our lockers. I throw a few notebooks and a pencil in my backpack and put all my books in my locker since it's the first day of school and all we will be doing is going over rules and expectations. When I finish, I meet Ozzy and Troy at Ozzy's locker. "Hey, can you check out my car after school" Ozzy asks, "It's making this weird dinging noise." "I should be able to fit it in" I reply. "Awesome" Ozzy says closing his locker. We then make our way to our first period, which is calculus.

We walk into the classroom and sit in the back. We talk until the bell rings and the teacher starts going over rules and expectations. I zone out until the bell rings. I grab my backpack and then walk with Ozzy and Troy to our next class. This goes on for the next three periods. Talk, zone out, walk with Ozzy and Troy to our next class, and repeat. The first day back is always boring, but at least there's no homework or class work.

The bell rings, signaling the end of fourth period. One more period then its finally lunch, thank god I'm starving. Unfortunately, its English, my least favorite class. We walk into the classroom laughing and sit in the back. "I'm going to do it" Troy says, "I'm going to ask Chelsea McCoy out." Me and Ozzy look at each other and burst out in laughter. When we stop laughing, Troy is giving us an unamused look. "What" I ask. "Thanks for the support" Troy says. "Dude" Ozzy says, "That's what you have been saying since Freshman year."

"Well...this year I'm going to do it" Troy says. "I'll believe it when I see it" Ozzy says, and I nod. Ozzy nudges my arm and I look at him. "Ex eleven o'clock" Ozzy says. I look to my left and see my ex-girlfriend Lacy Dirkson. Lacy and I dated for several months during our junior year. She had asked me to the Sadie Hawkins dance, and I was surprised since she is a cheerleader and my only friends are Ozzy and Troy.

I said yes and then we started dating. I broke up with Lacy because as much as I hate to admit this, I'm still in love with her. Since then Lacy finds any excuse to talk to me and try to get back together with me. I always reject her because it isn't fair to her. Ozzy and Troy don't understand why I broke up with Lacy and are always urging me to get back together with her. But I always give them the same bullshit excuse.

I groan internally, but on the outside I smile. "Troy, Ozzy" Lacy says, "Hey Ashton." "Sup" Ozzy says and Troy nods. "Hey" I say. "So, Chelsea is having her yearly back to school party" Lacy says, "And you are all invited." "We will be there" Ozzy says. "Awesome" Lacy says and flashes me a smile. The bell rings and Lacy walks to her seat. "Dude" Ozzy says, "Here's your chance to get back together with her."

I roll my eyes as the teacher walks in. "You know why" I whisper and look up as she writes something on the board. Why do I feel like I know her? I feel like I've seen her somewhere before. "Is it just me" I whisper, "Or does she look familiar?" "No" Troy whispers, "Its not just you." "She does look familiar" Ozzy says, "Why does she look familiar?" She finishes writing whatever it is on the board and turns around.

My eyes go and my mouth is slightly open in shock. She looks around the room and her eyes land on me. She mirrors my expression for a second, but quickly covers it up. "You have got to be kidding me" I mumble. That's why she looked familiar. The teacher is none other than my ex, the one I'm still in love with.

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.