- 4 -

[Chapter 4 - My Secret]

-Riley-

"So you're Corey's little sister?"

I froze, I could've sworn no one was around. I stood up to meet the stalker in the eye, who just happened to be Kayden. I looked him dead in the eyes, "Who is Corey?" playing the whole thing off.

I looked up at the ceiling praying to help me out of this, luck on my side the bell rang. I smirked and sashayed away, I hope he didn't hear everything.

Once out of the weasel's sight I dashed off to contemporary math. This was definitely my least favorite class of the day, even before strength training. I can't believe he might know my biggest secret.

I took some deep breaths sitting in my seat because I could feel myself panic, no one was supposed to find out. And yes I understand the last name is a giveaway but I used to be able to say it was a coincidence, no one has ever heard me talk to him on the phone.

The class started to fill up with people and I took my things out for this class so I could concentrate. Well, I tried to concentrate, my mind had two things on it; Re-tryouts and Kayden.

Kayden wasn't on my mind in a good way either, the fact that he possibly knew my biggest secret that, even Travis didn't know, bothered me.

Math went by in a breeze, considering I wasn't paying attention at all. That left one class to go before my re-tryouts, strength training.

Now luckily for me, I don't have to change for re tryouts. So in my workout leggings, and Nike blue t-shirt, I focused on my upper body strength.

Strength training before practice is just a little hell, I mean almost four hours of working out nonstop? Sounds great, not. Though on days like today I preferred the workout, to feel the burn.

As I was in the middle of my warm-up I was pulled aside by coach, who happened to walk by and see me. "Riley, is it?" he asked. I nodded, "Yes, sir."

He smiled at me, "I want to let you know you made the team."  I gave him a confused look. "But sir, what about re-tryouts?" I asked softly.

He looked down at his clipboard, "You were in re-tryouts along with Kayden Walker due to performance, with one spot left on the team the both of you were to basically play for the spot. But due to some unfortunate circumstances, a spot has opened up and both of you will be on the team."

I smiled and got instantly happier, "Thank you, coach, so much!" He nodded with a smile and left. I went back to warming up and stretching so I could do some weights.

Practice just ended and to say Kayden wasn't happy was an understatement

Practice just ended and to say Kayden wasn't happy was an understatement. He was beyond livid that we both made the team, but I couldn't care. I was proud of myself being the first girl to make the baseball team.