10. Faeries Bond

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

No part of this publication may be reproduced.

10. FAERIES BOND

Flying through headquarters, I landed near the eon old building that contained the Realm Relocation Center.  Folding my wings, I straightened my white shirt in my dark blue suit pants and closed my matching suit jacked as I walked towards the heavy oak doors.  A small fawn opened the doors. “Traveling Sergeant?” The fawn asked with a smile. “In matter of fact, yes I am, I have some business in Iallium.” I said walking past him with a friendly nod. “Happy gate transfer Sergeant!” The fawn yelled after me, as he closed the big doors again. It didn’t take long before I was in front of the Realm Relocation desk that was being attended by a female centaur. “Where to and how long Sergeant?” She asked with an outstretched hand. “Only to Iallium, my return will be this evening.” I explained as I gave her my Realm passport. “So short Sergeant? Don’t forget to have a holiday for once in your life. You might live longer than us creatures but don’t forget to have some fun here and there.” She remarked as she handed me back my passport with its needed documentation. “I’ll remember that.” I commented smiling as I walked out of the office.

Heading through a big marble hall I passed more centaurs, one by one they checked my realm ID and guided me towards to the next checking area. The centaurs were loyal and strong beings, always holding an unbiased view on every situation. Through that trait they gained a lot of power and held almost every high political seat in every realm. However the highest seat was and would always remain to be that one of the dragons. Never the less I had respect for the centaurs and so did the rest of our society. Several checks later I finally reached the realm gate that would port me to Iallium.

The realm gate was an old yellow stone gate, engraved with every creature that our realm held. Covered with vines and flowers it was imbedded in sacred grass blooming with tiny flowers that were surrounded by little fireflies and butterflies. Inside the gate there was a moving mist that resembled a moving galaxy constantly changing in color and shape. As I passed my last checkpoint I stuffed away my realm passport and walked onto the sacred grass allowing all the butterflies and fireflies to surround me as I made my way towards the gate.

Walking up onto the old yellow stone steps, I watched all the small creatures return to their flowers.  Smiling, I glanced back and forth as I determinately walked through the gate, for I was on a personal mission and I was going to set it through. A warm feeling engulfed me and my stomach knotted, creating the same feeling as if falling down at a high velocity for a long time. The feeling was exhilarating and yet freighting at the same time. Not long and I was standing on the white stone steps of the Iallium’s gate.  The centaurs waited for me to cross the sacred grass and reach them on the marble floor of the next check point.

Finally reaching the outside I gazed up at the sunny sky that was buzzing with flying traffic. Stretching my wings I leaped off into the sky joining the other flying creatures. It took me half an hour to get out of the big city and another hour to fly all the way out to one of the more isolated tribes of our kind. Closing in on the tribe’s location I was obliged to fly lower in between the trees if I wanted to reach my final destination. To reach said location, one had to go through some difficult tests to obtain their rite of passage.  The constantly changing fauna and flora maze with its countless booby traps were their way of testing ones skill in tracking, logic, agility and strength before allowing other creatures to employ one of their own.  After a couple close calls I finally reached the tunnel that led me to the heart of their tribe. Flying past wider spaced trees abuzz with Faerie activity I picked up my speed, as I tried to locate their main courtyard.  Every large tree I passed held many different sorts of tree houses all connected with vines, moss and flowers surrounded by tiny purple fireflies and a constantly changing aura. It was Realmly known that Faeries made the most breathtaking constructions. It also was well-known that it was very dangerous to stare at them too long, so I sped up my speed for I was not going to get lost in the heroin induced starlight aura.