~ Ice ~

××××

The first time Boruto touched the ice was when he was five.

"Boruto, I promise that I'll catch you if you fall. Don't worry."

He was ice skating with his mother, who was a professional figure skater. She was carrying his little sister on one of her arms while on the ice, she was waiting for her son to join her.

He hesitated, "Y-You promise?"

"I promise." Hinata just smiles warmly.

"Okay..."

Boruto then proceeds to hesitantly place one leg onto the ice, slipping a bit, he squeals in fear.

Hinata giggle by the way his son acts, "Boruto, don't worry!"

He places his other foot, then he suddenly light up, "Mom! I'm standing on ice!"

"Great job! Now, hold my hand."

"Why?"

"I wanna help you move on the ice."

Boruto was feeling hesitant again, but he trusts his mom, so he agrees anyway. He nods and holds his mothers hand.

Hinata skates with him slowly on the ice, holding his hand to make sure he doesn't fall. Boruto felt really happy, he felt like he was flying, as he glides on the ice with his mother.

They then make a stop after skating in circles around the rink. Hinata decided that it was enough for the day, and that they had to go home now.

"Mom?"

"Yes, Boruto?"

"Next time we go here again, can you teach me how to skate?"

That's when he decided, Ice was his life.

-----

-end of prologue-