Part 3 - Pretty Picture

The scene that met the man named Joey was not the one he expected to find, for little blonde Olivia was not gnawing greedily on Bertha's thick neck with her long pointed fangs. Instead she sat innocently at the breakfast table, with her head bent over her favourite colouring book.

With his anxious eyes searching the kitchen for an absent Bertha, Joey let out a nervously shaky laugh. Only no sooner had the throaty chortle left his rough lips did young Olivia lift her head up from her colourful picture to smile sweetly at her truly horrified Uncle.

Standing there utterly perplexed and disturbed, Joey's eyes zeroed in on the smear of blood that adorned Olivia's mouth and chin, as if unaware of her messy chops she continued to smile sugary, lifting up her picture proudly.

Joey's grey eyes widened in horror but somehow he managed to paint a fake smile upon his face as he tried to control his erratic breathing he stuttered, "Pretty picture, colour me another one." Instantly obeying her Uncle's orders little Olivia returned to eagerly scribbling a plumb pussy cat with a chunky black crayon.

No longer forced to look at the smear of blood upon her face Joey began to question his sanity. Insanity seemed like a more plausible and manageable scenario than actually having a vampire for a Niece.

Stepping into the kitchen he rushed over to the sink, splashing cold running water over his face as if to wash away the horrific thought. He exhaled heavily trying to calm himself with the sight of the leaves blowing in the wind.

Only he found no calmness from the view of his backyard but instead was forced to grip the porcelain sink for support, when he noticed the huge mound that was Bertha sprawled out on the overgrown lawn flattening the bed of roses.

-X-