Chapter 1

Estella's POV

"I SAID NO!" I said while pulling my hood farther down to my face.

"Your majesty, your parents gave out orders to prepare every single of your majesties to the Starnight Ball. Please be kind to us" said the head of the stylists, Linda.

"I do not need any makeup or anything like that, you can just leave the dress over there to my couch and that'll be the end of it"

"Your majesty-"

"Please leave me be"

Linda and her crew of stylists bowed their head to me and left the room.

I closed the door and locked it.

I blew out a huge sigh, walked to my walk-in closet, grabbed a huge t-shirt  and headed to the bathroom.

I need to take a bubble bath to relieve this stress I'm having.

After sitting in the bathtub for a while, I changed into my huge white t-shirt.

I was out my bathroom and instantly, without looking, I can feel the prescence of a gracious being aka my mom.

And I was right when I saw my mom sitting at my couch and drinking tea.

When she saw me, she put her cup down to the small table and swam towards me.

She laid her hand on the side of my cheek and stared into my eyes.

"My darling, I forgot how beautiful you were. Aphrodite sure blessed you alot when I gave birth to you" she said with a chuckle.

"Moooom" I said embarrassingly while I looked away from her.

By doing so, mother's hand went down to her side.

"Honey, I don't understand why you're so ashamed of your appearance and your voice. I haven't listened to your song in 2 CENTURIES!" my mom said with a tint of sadness in her voice.

"Mom, you know why I can't go out and sing to my heart's content. I don't want another incident again" I whispered the last part while looking down at my feet, trying to forget the memories that had happened more than a century ago.

"My child, it wasn't your fault" she said while rubbing my back for comfort.

"But mom, IT IS! I CAUSED HAYLEY'S DISAPPEARANCE! If it wasn't for me and my stupid singing and my stupid looks. Then she'll be here! Not somewhere where we don't know if she's alive or not!" I said while tears are streaming down my face.

"Honey, it is not your fault. It wasn't even meant to be anyways" mom said hugging me and rubbing my back for comfort.

I sniffled, "Can't you ask the Elders to make an exception to me? Wait, mom, aren't you also in the council? Why did you agree to this rule?"

"I was one of the few that said nay to the rule. But you know how it is. Majority rules. Especially since Zeus's descendent was the one who made up the rule."

"Why would he even make up the rule?"

"I don't know. I think it's because there were a lack of participants to the ball"

I nodded, "Do I have to dress up though?"

"I'm afraid so, my child. They are naming each family member out loud on the stage and we don't want you to dishonor our family's name, now do we?"

I shook my head.

"Good. Now I'm begging you, my child. Please be kind to the stylists. It's their first time seeing you without your hood so please keep your head up high. They just want to help you."