Lost Data

♦♣♠♥♠♣♦~CHAPTER 16: WILLIAM~♦♣♠♥♠♣♦

My sword cut the manta clean in half as it crossed above us. Odd and Yumi were out flying around fighting the mantas while Ulrich and I manned the platform. Aelita and Coda were busy working with the mainframe computer. So far in the two or so minutes we'd been here there'd been no sign of XANA, but I was keeping my eyes open.

I saw a Manta shoot at the girls so I jumped around and deflected it, almost hitting the screen as I moved around it. "Aelita, Coda, hurry up. Yumi just got devirtualized and Odd only has 10 life points left." Jeremy warned. "Never mind. Odd's been devirtualized."

"Hurry up, you two." Ulrich jumped and deflected a laser.

"Just a minute and we'll be done." Aelita replied.

"Aelita, back up a second. Let me do something." Aelita stepped back and Coda set her hand hovering, palm down, slightly above the screen. It started glowing purple and reminded me of what XANA's looked like.

The screen started doing stuff on it's own and I turned away, focusing on the Mantas. "There. Sending you all the data now, Jeremy." Aelita said.

"Good. Got it." Jeremy said.

"I'm giving you back control." Aelita swiped the screen and it disappeared under her fingers.

"Okay. Here's you're vehicles and the door is open. Go." True to his word, our vehicles appeared and I jumped onto the Overglider, sticking my sword into it's sheathe on the side. My hands grabbed around the controls and I shot off.

Aelita jumped on with Jeremy and Coda started skating. I led the way to the exit and we came out in the Ice Sector. "All good Jeremy." I said.

"Alright. Aelita I'm pulling you out, but you two escort Coda to Sector 6 so she can finish up with the data collection." Aelita waved as she was dematerialized by Jeremy.

"Hey, Coda, jump on." Ulrich offered. Coda skated up behind him and jumped on the back.

"Ready." She said. We shot off across the territory, heading for the purple twister on top of the pillar. Ulrich dove inside first and I followed. We again came out somewhere different: there was a huge lighthouse below us that looked a little like a tower.

"Hey, Coda, what's up with lighthouse?" I asked. Ulrich and I circled it.

"No idea. Ulrich, land in front of it would you? I want to see if I can get in." Coda requested. Ulrich and I both landed and Coda jumped off his bike. She headed for the door while Ulrich and I watched, Ulrich's hand was resting on his sword as usual and my own sword was on my right shoulder.

Coda carefully approached the tower and reached out to touch it. I saw a flash of red starting at the top and going down. "Coda, wait!" I jumped forward, but I was to late to stop her. Coda touched the tower.

Coda's hand slipped inside before anything happened. The red wave I'd seen hit her, covering her completely, but I could still see her. She yelped and tried to pull back, but the tower seemed intent on pulling her in. I took a step towards her when suddenly the ground shook. Ulrich and I both stumbled as it shook again.

I whipped around to see the Kolossus, a huge magma monster created by XANA. I had thought it had been destroyed. "Jeremy, things are very bad. Coda's getting enveloped by a tower and the Kolossus just showed up." I informed him.

"William, you help Coda, Ulrich see it you can't slow down the Kolossus. I remember you were good at that?" Jeremy said.

"Got it. Superspint." Ulrich took off leaving a yellow trail behind him. I turned back to the tower and ran up to Coda. She reached out her free hand and I grabbed it.

"I'm not going to lose to a tower. Especially not one made by XANA." I tried to pull her back, but the red stuff covering her started to cover me. As it did my outfit started turning black, like when I'd been XANified on Lyoko.

"Ulric..." My voice stopped. The red glow kept me from talking, but Ulrich had heard. He jumped off the Kolossus and ran towards us. I reached out to grab him, my hand glowing red along with the rest us me.

Coda was almost shoulder deep in the tower and I tightened my grip on her wrist. Her grip tightened on my wrist as well. Ulrich grabbed my hand and pulled, but I knew it was a loosing battle. I did notice that the red glow didn't attach to Ulrich like it had me and Coda.

Ulrich grunted and pulled as hard as he could, but was sent flying by the red glow. While he was in the air the Kolossus swung at him with it's sword arm and he was devirtualized as Coda was completely sucked into the tower, quickly followed by myself.