For Once

♦♣♠♥♠♣♦~CHAPTER 15: ???~♦♣♠♥♠♣♦

I stepped out of the factory in a leather biker jacket, black jeans, boots, and a black tee-shirt with a red symbol on it. My goal was Kadic Academy, just a little ways from the factory. It was late and there was no moon. I was virtually invisible, and I was fine with it that way.

I moved fast and reached the academy quickly. I didn't even pause at the gate, but slid into the shadows outside a building when a teacher walked by. He was bigger than me, bulkier in particular and surprisingly taller. He had brown hair flipped up with a white and red band around his head, a band-aid on his right-hand cheek, dark gray sweat pants, a red running jacket with dark grey accents around the outside, white socks, and brown tennis shoes.

He didn't even look my way. I wasn't surprised: shadows had always been my ally. I kept going, heading for the second floor of the dorm rooms. I may have lost direct contact with Coda, but I knew where her room was. I slipped inside the dorms. It was brighter here with no shadows to disappear into, so I had to be careful not to get caught.

I moved to Coda's door, right next to the stairs to get up. The door was locked, not surprisingly, but it wouldn't stop me. I flicked my fingers and the door was unlocked. I pulled it open, happily slipping into the darkness inside. Coda was laying on the bed, her knees slightly pulled up to her chest.

I sat down on the bed and sighed. I lightly touched Coda's cheek with the back of my fingers and rubbed it with a feather light touch. Coda's eyes didn't even move. I let my fingers rest for a second on her cheek. It was weird to actually fell her skin, it didn't happen on Lyoko. You could only see and hear; no touch, no smelling, and no taste.

I held my hand over her head and moved over her body without touching her. I closed my eyes and the results of my test appeared behind my eyes. "Stupid human." I muttered. Jeremy and those blasted Lyoko warriors were always causing me problems, but it wouldn't be long until that ended.

I took a breath to get my head out of the clouds. It happened a lot when your busy as busy as I am. I opened up a hovering computer touch screen common on Lyoko and set to work fixing Coda. Whatever Jeremy had tried to do had seriously messed with my programming.

I worked fast and not long after I shut down the screen, pulling the program into my own memory. I sighed and turned back to Coda. I held my hand up and copied my earlier action, my hand hovering over Coda's body, glowing red. Coda's legs pulled in to her chest as if she was in pain, but I knew that the program shouldn't hurt. It shouldn't have even been activated yet.

I finished with it and looked at her neck. She was wearing a necklace that covered my mark completely. I rolled my eyes at her attempt and took it off. My mark was still there, but now it was purple. I closed my eyes, activated the program, opened them again, and then kissed the mark. I sat back and watched as it started glowing red. There was a flash of red and then the mark changed back to red.

I rubbed her cheek and smiled. "Sorry, Coda. Not that easy, angel." I had to admit, the nickname suited her. I kissed her cheek, stood up and left. "For now, though, I'll let you be. But just this once, because for once, Jeremy and I have a common interest." I said before closing the door.

I didn't want to get caught. I headed out and in a matter of seconds I was outside. I paused and looked up at the rooms, a half-smile touching my face. I turned and walked off, heading for the factory. I stopped in the super computer and started typing. It didn't take me long to crack into the programs. I found several that interested me, but I had two goals. One more important than the other.

I found Jeremy's program that he had used to try and free Coda. I scoffed at his attempt at programming and going over it I found numerous mistakes, most of which didn't play a part in Coda's virus. I touched the computer and pulled all his tests and programming out of the harddrive.

"There." I shut it down and stood up. I headed back to the scanners. It was time to go home.

♦♣♠♥♠♣♦~JEREMY~♦♣♠♥♠♣♦

"Sector 5? For data that someone took right off the main computer?" Yumi asked me sceptically.

"Yes, alright. When you put it like that it does sound crazy." I said. Yumi rolled my eyes.

"Jeremy, I'm a Lyoko Warrior. It doesn't sound all that crazy." Yumi said. "It just sounds unrealistic."

"Yes, well..." I trailed off as Coda walked in and leaned up against the door-frame.

"Hey." She said with a smile.

"Coda, you're better?" I asked. Coda nodded. I noticed her hair was a little wet like she'd already taken a shower.

"Ya. This morning I woke up feeling just fine. But there was something I wanted to talk to you about." Coda rested her head on her fist, but discreetly she tapped the mark on her neck. I nodded.

"Aright." I said nodding. The bell rang and Yumi jumped.

"I have to go. It's time for class. See you guys later." She waved. Coda smiled brightly as she left.

Coda closed the door. "So, what's the issue?" I asked.

"It's my mark." She said. She sat down in front of me and pulled off her necklace. Her mark was now red.

"What..." I touched it. Coda sighed, pulled back, and put her necklace back on.

"I don't know. I saw it this morning in the shower and came straight over. Jeremy, the thing is, the only one who could fix what you did was XANA, meaning last night he came here and fixed my programming, as well as stole the data." Coda said. "And I know that for a fact." Coda said. I nodded.

"Which means we'll have to go to Sector 5 to get the lost data back." I started thinking about when we could go. "I suppose lunch would be a good time." I said.

"Isn't today Saturday?" Coda suggested.

"Right, so we'll have all afternoon to get the data back. Just out of curiosity, why did Sector 5 more or less go back to it's original appearance, save for the key?" I asked her.

"It's the backup data saved in me. XANA modified it himself. I was able to get rid of the key, though the rest of it was set by his programing." Coda explained.

"Alright. We'll go after lunch to get the data. XANA took all my tests and data from the scans about your mark and if we want to get any father with the cure we'll need that data." I said. Coda nodded.

"I think I'd be willing to come along and help. Even with how dangerous it is for me, I'll go if I can help out the Warriors." Coda said. I nodded.

"It'll be dangerous, especially for you." I warned.

"Yes, but I don't think XANA's ready yet." Coda said.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yes. He's working on a program that will keep me from being destroyed along with the core when he tried to get rid of Lyoko." Coda answered.

"Alright. Now, what class do you have next?" I asked.

"I start with a free period so I don't have class until later. I've only got one period today and that's gym." Coda answered standing up.

"Alright, well, I've got math so I've got to run." I grabbed my bag and headed out, with Coda behind me. I locked the door and turned to see Coda partway down the hallway. She waved at me and bounded down the stairs. Coda was unusual to say the least.