❣ It was Only You [21] ❣

"Appi!!!"

Noor's panicky voice took the daylights off Zoya as she had immediately moved behind her appi within seconds, seeing what she was up to and started patting Zoya's back hard for her to vomit away if she has already swallowed pills.

Noor kept on hitting Zoya's back as fast as possible and held her head firmly with her other hand and having a hard time coughing, finally the pills were out of Zoya's mouth.

It was then that Zoya received the biggest shock from her younger sister. Noor turned Zoya vigorously from her shoulder to face her the next moment and she could see that her appi's body was shaking with the incidents that took place seconds before. Her hands were trembling, her body was sweating profusely and she was huffing and puffing loud enough and Noor couldn't help but feel sympathy for her appi's destructed state.

Zoya was almost going to attempt suicide by drinking tablets, not just attempt! She was on her way to give up on her life for the second time but Noor saved her at the nick of time. It was then that the slap echoed across the bathroom.

Zoya stood rooted in shock while touching her cheek with her hand, her face was turned to the right with the harsh impact and completely red. Warm and fresh tears sprung out of her already shallow and swollen eyes in no time.

"Appi, aa.. aap yeh kya karne jaarahi thi!"

Noor stood across Zoya, rubbing her forehead with tension and shouting agitated. Her whole body was trembling with rage at her appi's immature step but it was after all her elder sister whom she just slapped. Zoya at once flung herself in Noor's arms and cried aloud.

"Noor, Adi.. Aditya.. Hum unke baghair jee nahi payenge. Please, samaj... samajhne ki khoshish keejiye hume! Hum maj.. hum majboor hai.."

Zoya couldn't help the quiver in her voice as she coughed and cried in turns. Noor stood at one place, holding Zoya to herself with the warmth she could provide her appi. She couldn't believe her eyes when she entered their room to not notice Zoya anywhere.

Her heart was pounding inside her chest at a rapid speed and she could something was definitely wrong as she rushed towards the bathroom and her guessing was justified as she saw her appi, drinking down ample of tablets at once, to die and escape her problems at once.

Noor's own eyes were filled with tears as she remembered the bitter truth that if she was too late to reach Zoya perhaps she could've lost her appi today forever and this time, there was no Aditya Hooda to help Zoya though he's the only one, who could help Zoya out of the misery she's supposed to face from the next day.

Noor took all her strength and got rid of Zoya's hold around her shoulders and made her look up at her face. Zoya looked devastated as if her life has been snatched brutally, there was no colour, no smile adorning her face. Heck, she didn't even look angry at Noor for slapping her! 

She knew that her appi had a chance of realizing her feelings for Aditya,that they are not just feelings you have for a best friend maybe in few days after they leave Mumbai and settle down in Mussoorie with their new business but to give up on her entire life for the sake of him? That was more than horrifying.

Zoya's breath escaped in an unexpected sigh and she tilted her head with her eyes closed. Her life was a mess. Noor knew what she must do at that immediate moment as she observed her sister.

Without giving Zoya a second glance, she grabbed her sister's hand and took her towards the shower, made her stand under it and opened the shower head moving away herself, in the process making Zoya completely wet with warm water from head to toe.

Zoya slowly opened her eyes as water dripped down her body and Noor stood next to her with her arms crossed, observing what her sister would do. Will she hit her or slap her? Will she vent out her entire frustration at her sister?