Hidden scene 1

'They really did buy Myne's lie, didn't they?'

'So convinced that I took advantage of her.

Did I ever come off as such a predator?

Was it my own fault that this happened?

What a joke, a sick twisted joke. I can't protect anything. Not even myself'

'>Really now?<'

'>Then what can you defend?<'

'Nothing, absolutely nothing'

He shivered at the thought and considered that maybe if he was that worthless of a scum, he should just go home. There were actually people there that needed him, that appreciated his efforts and help. Yuu came in mind, such a sweet brother he was after Naofumi pulled him out of that dark hole. His parents became more accepting and gave 'him' a chance.

And that second chance was replaced with a dream come true experience of being summoned to another world. Turning into a complete nightmare. False accusations! Lies! Nobody believed him-

"As much as I hate to say this," Ren, the all mighty chosen Sword Hero spoke out while the others continued their throwing insults at the accused. At seeing how broken down and shocked Naofumi was on his knees, something didn't add up and a puzzle was missing to this kangaroo court. "Nafoumi should at least get a say in his current position."

A small bit of hope shun in his eyes to see someone doubting the accusations... or was he being too hopeful?

On Ren's point of view, after hearing the sentence his fellow disgrace of a hero was about to face, despite the outrage and denial, it was only fair to hear the side of the defendant. That's how it goes where he came from. "What the hell are you talking about? Myne's here crying because of that rapist!" The blonde holding the redhead tightly in his arms snarled as he pointed accusingly at the fallen raven.

"It's not about that Motoyasu. It's about how real courts actually flow. The accused has to share his side of the story." He explained, boringly and unamused, because having to attend to such trivial events and finding out such a soft and nice guy was capable of such monstrous deeds. "What if he's lying?!" Motoyasu was generally raged and soaking all of Myne's lies like a dry sponge. Everything that woman said was final in his head.

Seeing the two heroes starting to disagree with each other made the king grimaced and cautious of his next action. Whatever happens, once this court ends the shield hero will be branded a criminal and get the punishment he deserves for being the shield devil. There was a bit of menacing sympathy in the kings eyes when the saw the ray of hope in the shielder when the swordsman stood up to his side. "Not to worry, Motoyasu-sama."

At the sound of the hoarse old voice, Naofumi felt a stung of malice aimed directly at him. Knowing very well that only he could feel it. The other's only vouched for the ruler's words and that shook his entire being. "There is a way to ensure that he tells no lie." With a swiped hand, he ordered the maids to prepare something.

There was something devious that king was planning and he felt his stomach drop at the thought. The others remain quiet until a maid came into the room, carrying a tray that had a type of ink and a set of brushes and knives. The people who didn't originate from this world were the only ones without a shocked expression. 'What is that?' As if reading his thoughts, the king answered. "In this country, slavery of our own kind is forbidden but" he fixed a grim glance at the accused hero, "desperate causes calls for desperate measures, guards hold him!" Naofumi could feel the vengeance in his voice. A grudge he wasn't aware that was on him when he first arrived here, no though-