1. 𝙉𝙤 𝙍𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙁𝙤𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖

The sunlight shone through the park trees. The breeze rustled and the cars that meandered down the roads all seemed to pass in simplicity despite it being Chicago. For Imelda Landry, the moment was anything but simple or peaceful.

"Just,-" Imelda spouted before her body was flung through the air and crashed into a parked car. "I hate this damn city." She growled, her eyes flashing black and silver as she pulled herself from the bent metal. The alarm blared loudly in her ears but she ignored it.

The dark witch smirked, his arm extended forward, palm facing her. "Phesmatos superous em animi,-"

The witch was caught off guard when he found the dark spell had no affect on her. Imelda lunged forward, using his confusion to her advantage and easily breaking his neck. His body crumpled to the ground but she was once more sent sailing through the air.

"This is getting really, really old." Imelda grunted, rushing to stand only to find the two other dark witches appear, choosing then to come out of hiding. "Why are you even here?!" She shouted in frustration.

The female with snow white hair seemed unbothered. "We have come to collect, Imelda Landry." Her words caused Imelda to pause, her eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

A feeling of burning began in her soul and flourished outward. Imelda stumbled, clutching her chest as it felt as if her veins were filled with molten lava, coursing and pumping with each unsteady beat of her heart and making the pain grow.

"Robin." Imelda felt tears gather in her eyes.

The two dark witches mirrored haunting smiles before vanishing, most likely only vanishing from sight. The feeling of being set on fire from the inside never faded but Imelda found the strength to run home. Her instincts were screaming and fear soon took place of the pain.

The plume of thick dark smoke rose above the clear blue sky. Gloria's Bar, a common hot spot for all supernaturals in Chicago looking to both have fun and simply relax, was on fire. The glass from the windows littered the streets and firetrucks were parked on the curb.

Streams of water fought back the flames but it was a losing battle. Imelda didn't stop running, she knocked down two firemen, both shouting for her to stop, that it was too dangerous. She didn't care, she just snapped the neck of a supposedly dangerous dark witch.

What was danger to the Hybrid Luna? Nothing. Because from the street below Imelda had heard the terrified shrieks of her son. His wailing was like daggers to her heart. Every pain she had ever felt easily paled in comparison and was why she ran into a burning, crumbling building.

If she died, she'd die saving her son. And that was a perfect death for Imelda Landry, the eighteen year old mother and Hybrid Luna.

Using her speed and agility she jumped up the broken and on fire staircase, kicking a door open and darting out of the way as a blast of heat rushed to meet her. Imelda sped into the room, not bothering to cover her nose and mouth as the smoke threatened to swallow her whole.

"Roman?!" Imelda shouted, her voice echoing above the crackling fire and burning wood.

All around her everything she had come to love and even create was burning. She didn't hear him, only the panicking sobs of her son. Where was he? He and his mother was supposed to have been home with Robin.

"Roman? Ree!" Imelda shouted one final time but she still only heard one panicked heartbeat.

Imelda sped to the nursery, where she could hear Robin crying and shrieking. The door was open and a barrier wrapped around him. He was holding himself up best he could as a single satchel and his diaper bag sat in his crib. He was terrified but physically unharmed.