Chapter One - The Angel

((Note that this was written three years ago when I was 16. It is currently being re-read and revised. So, enjoy the ridiculousness that was me three years ago.))

**Okay! Finally, after a full week of writing, it's here. The first chapter of Dark Academy. It took forever to write it. I hope it's not too long. I'm sorry I made you all wait so long. This is basically her intro into her new world. So I hope you don't get bored halfway through. Also Shai's name is pronounced [Shy].

**If you have any suggestions or request, comment and I'll get back to them pronto. If you really like it then spread the word please. Hope you like the story. Enjoy!

~Songs I listened to while writing this chapter: -Fergalicious by Fergie -I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry -This Love by Maroon 5 -Ignorance by Paramore

Chapter One - The Angel

"Hey, Lyssa! Hold up!"

"Yeah, wait for us!"

I paused outside the doors of the dining hall and turned to see Meg and Shai walking towards me. Meg's long red curls bounced as she skipped to my side, her brown eyes beaming. Shai, with her shoulder length brown hair and black eyes, followed at a much more normal pace.

"Why'd you rush off without us, Lys?" Meg asked while looping her arm through mine, then dragged me and poor Shai through a series of hallways back to the common room.

"I guess I was ready to get back to the dorm."

"You could have asked us to come with you."

"I didn't wanna bother you guys." I said trying to diffuse the conversation, but Meg refused to relent.

"Aww, that was real sweet of you. Now, cut the crap. What's up?"

I sighed as we walked through the door of the South common rooms. There were people gathered around multiple flatscreens, watching movies while eating popcorn. Something I used to do with my mom on Saturdays.

"I'm just a bit home sick, is all." I walked across the room to the kitchen. I loved the way they kept the fridge and cabinets stocked. It was mostly healthy stuff but they had some good stuff in here.

Grabbing a Ho-Ho and a Sprite, I went to join Meg and Shai out in the common room to watch Transformers 2. Since I'm not really into movies about cars and autobots, I let my mind wander back to the time before I had these two friends. Before I realized I had purpose. Back to when I learned what I was...

*Flashback*

I was alone. Surrounded by darkness. I was looking for something. Some place. Somewhere to belong. I began running, searching desperately for someone. A familiar face.

'A light. Up ahead...' my mind urged me. I didn't understand why my mind would urge me, but I listened anyway and ran until I saw a light. No, not a light. A man. A heavenly light glowed within him. I slowed down but kept walking towards him. He was familiar but I had never seen him before. I stopped in front of him. He was smiling at me. I couldn't explain it but I felt a sense of kinship toward him. As if I belonged to him.