Chapter Twenty Four - Final Chapter

Chapter Nineteen – For The First Time I’ve Opened Up My Eyes 

Dedicated to my dear friend scallywagsrule (Kate) who is amazing and an inspiration to us all

To love really someone is to give up parts of yourself, slowly bit by bit, until one day you both become the same person.  

How do you properly sum up the moments and emotions you feel moments before your life changes forever, how do you tell the people you love just how much you care about them? How do you tell them that you will probably never see them again? The easiest answer is that you don’t, that you leave in the middle of the night leaving no trace of you ever being there, eventually yes eventually they will stop looking and maybe it will hurt for a few months maybe years but everyone moves on eventually. Don’t they?

All I could do was stare at Aunt Sophia I was truly shocked by all she had revealed and about how willing she was to help me.

Crunching of gravel in the distance caught my attention as well as Aunt Sophia’s panic in her eyes and in my heart she pulled me towards the barn “quickly! We don’t have much time!”

Sophia stared at me in earnest, this was the woman I had been told my whole life was crazy but in this moment I realised she was probably the sanest person in the world right now. Sensing my distress and confusion Aunt Sophia grabbed my upper arm and dragged me towards the barn, pulling the door open she quickly began to gather various bags from hiding places that I had never seen before “Rein here quickly we don’t have much time, get dressed quickly!” Aunt Sophia tossed me a pale pink gown that was a little tattered and torn and looked to be a little older in style than the ones I had worn when I was with Rowan in the past… just thinking about the happy moments we had spent together caused my heart to clench and beat out of rhythm, I feared that if I never saw him again that my heart would break entirely and I would bleed out.  “Rein quickly!” Aunt Sophia said panic clearly in her voice, she was dressed in a golden yellow dress that had various little stains here and there but overall we looked appropriate for the time period we were about to enter. “Okay now Rein the key to getting back to the past is you need to seek out Rowan think of his and anything to do with him, remember his smile, the way his laugh sounds! And hopefully your memories will guide you back to him, quickly hold my hand and image him, go now” outside the barn there was a loud screech of tires from several cars and from inside the barn I could see the flashing lights of police cars. “Close your eyes Rein ignore them and find your way back to Rowan!” Aunt Sophia yelled over the loud sirens. So I grasped her hand tightly and thought of the first moment I had met Rowan the day that he had saved me from a sure death, to when he had carried and cared for me until I was well, to the moments when he made me laugh, and the moment he told me he loved me and finally to the moment when he asked me to marry him to the very last second where he looked to lost and alone the moment before I disappeared back to my own time. I imaged myself swearing to Rowan that I would always love him and I would never leave him again. It happened so quickly just like before but this time it didn’t hurt because I welcomed it, embraced it and thanked it the light that I had once feared was something that I was so thankful for, the light was bringing me home, home to Rowan.

Rowan’s POV

There was no longer any reason to go on I had completely surrendered. The moment I saw Rein die I and the light engulf her I knew it was the angels taking her away from me for she deserved to be with the other heavenly creatures because she was the purest being I had ever met.