Chapter Sixteen

A/N: Update Time YAYAYA wow guys i was never expecting over 40,000 reads thats just CRAZY!!! a massive thank you to all those that have kept on reading even from day one and to our new readers THANK YOU GUYS YOU ARE ALL AMAZING SUPERSTARS!!!

P.S It's 2 weeks until my SIXTEENTH birthday yayayya! 

Time is a curious thing, time is an endless stretch of hours and minutes and seconds that blend into one, when does time end? When does it begin? What happens when time is gone?

Rein Pov

The blinding light was all I could see, the light so bright it was burning the heat searing my skin, tossing and turning the pain enveloped me I was pulled from each side until it felt as if I were weightless scattered like the stars in the sky, like tiny atoms whirring around in a crowded room.

Rowan? The word sounding foreign like a whisper of the past like a haunting prayer, the name so familiar that it awakened my consciousness and for the first time I felt awake and aware.

Opening my eyes I looked around the familiar ground muddy and damp from the fresh rain.

Feeling a strange pulling on my hair I looked up at the massive beast that I had named Cole, he was a massive horse and also one that had a huge people problem though not around me, the horse had a cheeky nature and always seemed to find me humorous if that was even possible but I swear if horses could laugh this one would be cackling like a crazy cat lady.

Lifting my sluggish body off the ground was hard and only increased the pounding in my head, it sounded like a constant banging of a drum, beating a continuous rhythm that never seemed to quit, grinding my teeth together I slowly hobbled over to the stable door, pushing it open I breathed in the cold night air.

Relaxing against the wooden doors I breathed in and let all the stress and anxiety of the day wash off of me and instead began thinking of a way to get back to my family.

I stood there standing for what seemed like an hour, it was only when I heard the thundering of hooves that I straightened up and stopped slouching.

Making out the steed I internally groaned well this is going to be awkward!!!

Rowan’s Pov

Glancing up from my ale I sought out the busty maid that had been serving me for the last 4 hours, I was too drunk to think and all I could focus on was the emptiness of my mug, ignoring the stabs of pain in my chest where my heart used to be I hollered at the maid “ALE MAID NOW!” the startled maid scampered off the lap of a dirty peasant and with a scowl filled the empty cup in front of me.

Lifting the cup to my lips I watched the lively folk sheltered in the brothel, there was young men, guards, fugitives, scoundrels and a band of very drunk minstrels mumbling about lands long gone while William attempted to best them at their own game, the stupid oaf jumping round like he was jester.

Dropping my eyes down to my mug I watched as the piss weak ale sloshed from one side to another, my eyes began to droop as the liquid began to blur standing up from the bench I was currently sitting on I stumbled over to the door needing fresh air, the room began spinning faster and faster.

I stumbled back to the stable where my horse was kept, when I felt hands grabbing roughly on my cloak before my eyes closed and I fell down I saw the face of someone I never expected to see again, panic engulfed me as my lungs constricted, my blood ran cold there in front of me was my dead wife Kailey.

A/N: Don't worry my darling readers 2 new chapters are seconds away 

Kailey - Nina Dobrev 

Killan  - Shiloh Fernandez

William - Robert Carlyle

Rein - Taylor Swift