Megan's POV

So, the first thing you have to know is my name. Yeah, strange right? A stupid name. It's the first thing everybody asks when he or she meets you. Well, my name is Walker. Megan Walker. I am twelve years old.

My parents are dead. Father died in a mine explosion when I was seven years old. Mother moved with me to Mullingar, and abandoned me at an Orphan Home. After that, I never heard of her again. A kind woman and her hausband adopted me a year after, when I just had my eighth birthday. They treated me well until they found out I've been bullied those months. Then, they started being cold and had no patience with me. That pair had two children, a boy and a girl. Both are older than me, and bully me as well.

I'm such a strange girl in school, and I have no friends. I am like the nerd one, the bullied one. No one speaks to me like a friend, everybody talk to me only to bother me or bully me. Even the teachers make fun of me because I'm so good at everything. It's like "Hello guys, today we'll practice some...I don't know, adding and subtracting, and then multiplying, but of course, to our precious Miss Walker all this is very easy" . Today was the first day of class. There was a new boy, and he had to sit next to me. I didn't talk to him, making him get angry. I think I was wrong about totally ignoring him.

NEXT DAY

I walked down the hall of school. There were some of the popular girls talking in the lockers, stupidly giggling. Aghh how I hate them. When I walked by, they started whispering things and laughing and pointing at me. I turned to look at their stupid faces, but instead of looking at them I saw another thing. Another person, I mean. It was the new boy, who saw me and was walking towards me. I kept walking, without paying atention at the giggling and laughing at me. I was already used to that. I turned my head and saw that the boy was already like running, and I suddendly turned to the stairs that got to the girls' bathroom. I was opening the door when someone shouted: "Wait!!"

I ignored him. I just got inside a cabin and locked the door. I heard someone open the main door, of the bathroom, but it was just a bunch of stupid bully friends. They were talking about someone...a blonde boy, that was very small to be our age -yes, I recognized the voice of their leader, Melanie, that's in almost all my classes- and they started calling him leprachaun. Then, another girl -I think Aline Teros- said that his eyes were very cute.

Her friends said something in aggrement. "But the only problem to have that cute leprachaun of Niall Horan to be ours, is to get rid off Megan Walker. He walks and runs after her like a puppy that saw a bone! And he's the hottest guy in school, in Mullingar. But..." they started whispering and I couldn't hear well. Finally, Melanie and her 'gang' went outside the bathroom to their classes. I opened the door carefuly.

So, I -fancied?- a hot boy called Niall Horan. Niall. That name was very common at Mullingar. Before my classmates -I can't call them friends- found out that I was an orphan, I had a kind of boyfriend. He only told me that I was beautiful, with my hair -he said that it was kissed by fire-. He was one of the only ones who defended me until he got to the dark side, like the other ones. His name was Niall, too. My eyes were full of tears now. I remember his sweet voice "Tonight at the park, at seven o'clock, my little Megan, the one that was kissed my the fire" he would say almost every night, then kiss my forehead. I closed my eyes.

Then I remembered.

Class.

First class was History with Mrs. Jeyne Yuseff. I was in serius problems if I didn't hurry up. The door of the class was almost closing but I put my foot between the door. Mrs. Yuseff looked at me, with severe and sharp eyes, and told me to sit next to Amelie Poole. She was the only one shy, I think she didn't make any friends. Melanie, Aline and her group bully her, too. She never rose one finger against me, and because she is so peaceful, some think her parents are hippies. "Hey Megan" she said, blushing.