CHAPTER 15: EXPERIMENT

15. EXPERIMENT

The rain stopped suddenly as we reached the school grounds once more. The clouds disappeared and fled away out of the sky as if nothing happened. Now, I made a theory why it rained. Matilda might have set those rains to kill Allison. It would cause her death. She ought to trip on the slippery ground and hit the pointed fence with her neck. Then she was going to die. It was one of my guess so far. I needed to solve these things and why these were happening.

“What’s wrong?” Jared said as soon as we reached five meters away from the car. “How did you know Allison and Fredrick are going to be on the exit?”

I thought for my words. It was difficult to explain what happened exactly. Then, it took me a minute to get the right words. “I saw it,” I said, and halt my feet from walking.

“What do you mean?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I don’t know how. But I saw them inside my head.”

Something odd came inside my head again—a thought of how I saved Allison from her death. Then I remembered Mr. Frances who came behind us when Allison and Fredrick disappeared at the exit. I told Mr. Frances that Allison would die. And I remembered when Mr. Frances went back to take his van and pick up Allison as fast. Maybe if we didn’t see and meet Mr. Frances at that moment, his daughter might have died. He had been there to stop her.

Now, I knew these things were happening for a reason. The vision changed if I would save the person dying.

Jared sighed deeply. “Allison didn’t die,” he prompted.

“Well, we saved her death,” I said in a hushed voice. “She’s supposed to trip down and hit the fence. It will enter through her neck and it will cause her death . . . Wait . . . I thought you have believed me?”

“I believe you but—how did you know they were heading to that place?”

“I told you I saw them,” I said through gritted teeth, irritated.

Then we continued to walk. Dad was calling me from the car already, and Jared finally dropped the subject down.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then,” he said, and he leaned forward to kiss my cheek. “I love you,” he murmured in my ears, and he pulled himself to his car while I watched.

“Hayyah Rachel,” Christian greeted when I reached him. “What’s happened? Where have you been? You’re wet.”

I pretended not to hear his words.

“Let’s go, Dad,” I said half-heartedly, opening the car door and darting myself inside it.

“When are you going to bring Jared here?” Dad asked as dinner came. “Your relationship’s getting bolder already. I saw him kiss you a while. Huh.”

I went quiet as he asked me the question, and as he opened the subject about kissing my cheek. It was normal though. I began to feel nervous and my body was like being punctured with needles.

“Jared’s trying to be sweet, Dad,” I told him, looking down at my food. “He’s going here soon. I promise.”

Now I told him that. Jared must be here as soon as possible.

After dinner, Katie and I went back upstairs and talked. I was first to open up a subject, and it was about the first death I saw few hours ago. I told Katie all I saw in my vision and how it happened in reality.

“So, it’s the first one,” Katie breathed quietly. “Allison. Right.” She turned around to the window and she looked up into the bright night sky. “The second death would be more brutal, Rachel,” she said softly.