Stupid Boy (Cassadee Pope Version)

She was precious, she was wild-but innocent.  She was everything beautiful and different.  She never realized there was nothing stopping her but him.   That stupid boy.  Holding her back was like holding back the wind.  She loved him with all her heart though.  So she never left.

"Why don't you leave?" Her best friend, Christina asked her.

"I love him, besides, he's only like that when he's drunk." Tris said.

"You still should leave!" Christina exclaimed.

"But he always says he's sorry and I trust him." Tris argued and left.  Christina worried about her best friend.

Months past by and soon enough, it was time for college.

"You can't go." Tobias slurred as he grew angry.

"But it's my dream college." Tris pleaded.  Tobias suddenly saw red and Tris realized something.  "Tobias...are you drunk again?"

"It's none of your business!" He shouted at her.  Then he took off his belt.  "This is for your own good."

"No!  Not again!" Tris yelled as she ran out the door and got into her car.

Knock knock

Christina opened the door to see her crying best friend.

"He was drunk again...he promised he'd stay sober for me!" Tris exclaimed as she fell into her best friend's arms.

"Tris, just leave with me.  I got accepted into UCLA too.  We can go together." Christina said,  Tris thought about it then she nodded.

"Okay," she said.  Christina's eyebrows shot up.

"Really?"

"Really.  I'll get my stuff and be right back." Tris said and drove home.  Luckily, Tobias passed out on the couch.  She grabbed a bag full of pictures and love notes Tobias wrote her when he was...still in love with her.  She also grabbed some money, her laptop and her phone then wrote a quick note and left.  The next morning Tris and Christina hopped on a plane from Chicago to California.  A single tear slid down her face.  One mixed with sadness and joy.

That same morning Tobias woke up with a pounding headache.

'What happened last night?' He thought to himself.

"Oh no," he said out loud when he saw the beer bottler surrounding him.  He got up and went to Tris and his room.  He saw all her stuff was gone.

"Shit!  No no no!" Tobias exclaimed.  He saw a note on the bed and started reading it.

Dear Tobias,

        I'm sorry I left you.  I love you with all my heart but I accept that you don't love me anymore.  Still, what made you think you could take my life and just push it around?  You're not the man I fell in love with anymore.  You're a stupid, stupid boy.  By the time you read this, I'll be long gone.  Hopefully, someday WHEN you get better, we can be together again.  I'm sorry Tobias, I need a lot of time.  Maybe our paths will never cross again but I have a feeling they will.  If not, I wish the best for you.  Just try and get better, if not for me, for your future wife.  It pains me to think you and I wouldn't be together but this is the way it has to be.  You will always be my first love and you will always be in my heart.  Goodbye Tobias.

        Love,

         Tris

Tears fell from his eye as he read the note.  The next day he put himself in rehab, hoping to get better and find Tris again one day.  After all, she was the only thing that made him feel alive.  She was his one true love.