A Case of the Wedding Bell Blues

A few weeks later, lots of people of Enchancia were at Sofia's royal bridal shower. Everybody was happy for the engaged princess—but she wished that her brother and sister were happy for her.

Everybody was watching the prince and princess waltz in the ballroom. Amber and James wanted to stop the wedding before it would begin.

"I know how to break them up," said James. "Hugo is going to look so bad that it'll send Sofia back into her room, crying."

"Okay, James," said Amber. "Make it good."

While Sofia and Hugo were waltzing, James threw his goblet of water onto the floor. Before Hugo knew it, he slipped on the spilled water and fell down, bringing  his fiancee down with him. Everybody gasped in shock, and Amber and James smirked.

"Hugo, are you okay?" Sofia asked.

"I think so," winced Hugo. But when he tried to get up, he felt a sharp pain in his ankle. "Oh, my ankle," he said weakly.

"You must've sprained it when you fell," said Sofia, "and the floor is wet."

"How did this happen?" Axel asked.

Just then, the trio caught Amber and James smirking, and they all glared at them.

"Did you have anything to do with this?" asked Sofia. Amber's and James' smirks dropped when they saw how angry their little sister was with them.

"Amber, James, how could you do such a thing?" asked Axel. "Are you trying to come between Sofia and Hugo?"

Sofia already knew the answer to that question.

Outside, Axel and Sofia were helping Hugo get into a coach. Sofia turned to Amber and James and said, "Amber, James, I'm so sorry. I thought for sure that you'd both be happy for me. But it looks like I was wrong; instead, you try to crush Hugo's lungs by tightening his vest, and you spill water on the floor and make him sprain his ankle. The only thing Hugo and I want is to be happy, and you're making us miserable. A wedding is supposed to be fun, and you've turned it into a big mess." She got into the coach, and she and Hugo flew to Albuquerque.

Roland, Miranda, and Axel were unhappy with Amber and James.

"We're very disappointed in you both," said Roland. "Sofia has put you before herself."

"She's helped you whenever you needed help, and you were grateful of her because she was able to help you," said Miranda. "And you need to return the favor."

"When Sofia walks down that wedding aisle, she needs to know that you love and support her," said Axel. "And Hugo needs support and love too; he's doing the best he can to earn your trust, but you don't appreciate what my baby brother is doing."

Amber and James thought about what they did.

"I guess we have been selfish," said James. "We've been acting this way since Sofia got engaged, and we got so caught up in coming between her and Hugo that we didn't think about how happy they've been."

"We should do something to make it up to both of them," said Amber.

"What would that be?" asked Miranda.

"Let's all go and talk about this," said James.