Challenge

Seren ate as much chicken as she could, it was something she didn't have to put down and feel around for, but when she wanted mashed potatoes and mac and cheese, she felt a wash of dread. 

Alpha? She spoke in her mind, directing it at him by thinking of him. She hoped he heard. She had never used a pack link before and had never communicated telepathically in human form for that matter.

It's just Liam to you, little wolf. He replied, somewhat amused.

I can't see the bowls.

What do you want?

Mashed potatoes and mac and cheese, but not a lot, please.

I'm going to have to feed it to you. 

Nevermind then.

"Open," he said, turning her entire chair with a flick of his toe.

"What? No! I'm not doing this...babyfeeding crap," she gasped.

"I said open," he muttered, his voice laced with command. 

Hesitantly, she parted her lips and was rewarded with some hot cheesy goodness. At the same time, she could feel his desire to kiss her as surely as though she was feeling it herself. Though she did her best to ignore it, every time he gave her a bite, she felt it and it began to affect her, making her aware of just how much she wanted to see his lips. 

"That is enough, thank you. I'm full," she said stiffly. It had gotten to a point that she thought something might come of the attraction between them, something she would ultimately regret. Besides, he had been the one that caused the stupid bond to become stronger. "I can find my way back myself," she added, rising. 

"No need. I finished a while ago," he replied, standing as well.

She could feel his presence at her side like a huge dark shadow, blocking out the light, but took his arm anyway. Instantly, she felt relaxed and let him lead her to the entry hall where the stairs were. Seren tried to be sneaky about feeling his huge bicep, using the movement of their steps to cover up her curious fingers, even though she was furious inside. 

"You planned this all along, you...you...poop!" Seren shouted at Liam in his office once the doors were closed. After eating, she felt much better and much stronger and ready to tear the alpha apart. She hadn't spoken as he led her back upstairs. 

His loud laughter made her even more enraged. "Is that all you've got, Seren? Of course I planned it. You wouldn't have joined this pack willingly and I couldn't have my mate staying a rogue. Look at the danger it put you in!"

Seren snarled and lifted the chair in front of her, swinging the legs at him, but missing. "You didn't even give me a choice!" She took another swipe. Her mouth dropped open in an "o" shape. "You did this just so you could tell me what to do didn't you? Didn't you!?"

"I did not," he said, gutterly, grabbing the chair and yanking it away from her, which made her stumble forward. He tossed the chair down and shackled her wrists. "I did it to make you a part of my pack, because I wanted you to be, because it's where you belong!"

"I don't belong here! I don't belong in a pack. I have told you this and you won't listen! Get it through-"

"Enough," he barked, forcing Seren to stop mid-sentence. 

"If you try to command me to do anything, I'll gladly become a rogue again," she threatened. 

Liam's growl was powerful and full of an authority that now affected her. Seren stood her ground even though it made her knees weak and made her want to cower away. At the same time, some insane part of her was attracted to it, to his strength and dominance. "You. Will. Not. Become. A. Rogue," he snarled.