Strength In Pain

I looked out Elena's window quietly as Damon sat on the windowsill beside me and Stefan on the bed beside Elena. I heard a gasp and I turned to see Elena quickly sit up in bed and looked around her in confusion. "Stefan?" She asked towards him, breathing heavily.

"Hey. I'm right here." Stefan reassured her, placing one of his hands on top of hers, calming her down. "You've been in an out for hours." He stated and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"What happened?" Elena asked, shaking her head and Stefan looked over his shoulder towards me. I rose an eyebrow before I cleared my throat and turned towards her.

"You were in an accident." I stated towards her and she looked away from me as she tried to remember.

"Oh, my god. Matt, is he—" Elena started worriedly before Damon cut her off.

"Alive? Ask Stefan. The hero." Damon replied emotionlessly and I watched as Elena looked at Stefan expectantly.

"He's fine." Stefan reassured her and she sighed deeply as relief washed over her.

"Thank you." Elena stated towards Stefan before she shook slowly shook her head. "I thought that I—How did you—" She started in confusion before I cut her off.

"He didn't, Elena." I whispered towards her and she furrowed her eyebrows. "When Jer and I brought you to the hospital before all of this happened, you injuries were worse than anyone knew.. And Meredith Fell made a choice. She used Damon's blood to heal you." I pointed out and Damon nodded from beside me.

"And when Rebekah ran Matt's truck off the road, you had vampire blood in your system, Elena." Damon added quietly. I stared at Elena quietly as her eyes glazed over and she was taken aback.

"Oh, my god.." Elena whispered looking at me before at Stefan in confusion. "Does—does that mean that I—" She started before she cut herself off and I folded my arms over my chest. "Am I dead?" Elena asked loudly towards us and we remained silent, making her shake her head quickly. "No.. no, no, no. That—That wasn't supposed to happen!" She stated angrily and Stefan shook his head.

"Maybe it doesn't have to. I talked to Bonnie. She said she's stronger than ever, there might be something she can do to help you. Mariana can, too—she's descended from Esther's original bloodline. You might have options—" Stefan started before Damon cut him off.

"No, the only thing that going to help, is for you to feed and complete the transition." Damon stated in annoyance and I sighed at him.

"We have all day before she has to feed, Damon. That's a day to exhaust every possible way out of this." Stefan argued looking at him and Damon scoffed.

"There is no way out of it, Stefan. We all know the drill—you feed or you die. There is no door number three." Damon stated in annoyance towards his brother.

"I was ready to die!" Elena said loudly and I looked at her as she shook her head. "I was supposed to die, I don't—" She started before she cut herself off by sobbing. "I can't be a vampire.." She whispered looking towards me and I furrowed my eyebrows in defeat. "If there's something you can do, we have to try." Elena stated and I slowly nodded back at her.

"Okay.. Your choice, Elena." I whispered back at her quietly before looking down at Damon who sighed in annoyance.
~~~

I sat at the table quietly and watched Damon grab a glass from the kitchen cupboard before he poured bourbon into it as Stefan came in. "Way to get her hopes up on something that's never happened in the history of vampirism." Damon pointed out in annoyance and turning towards Stefan emotionlessly.

"You know what, you weren't there the day Elena looked me in the eye and told me that she absolutely never wanted this." Stefan countered angrily and I sighed, getting up from the table.