Chapter 8: Nightmares

That night, as I drifted off to sleep, I heard Oliver's voice echo through my head, his words a mere whisper of thought. "Meet me on the Grand Staircase." 

I felt myself pull the heavy blanket back as my feet slipped out from under it and landed on the cold stone floor. I knew we weren't supposed to be out of our beds so late, but I also knew I was dreaming. I could do whatever I wanted in my dreams. 

Making my way down to the common room and out the door, I had no fear, even as I ventured along the empty and dark corridors

Making my way down to the common room and out the door, I had no fear, even as I ventured along the empty and dark corridors. However, once I neared the staircase, knowing Oliver was waiting for me, I started to get a little nervous.

It's just a dream, I reminded myself. Just a dream...

Once I reached the top of the stairs, with all the portraits snoring quietly in their frames, I heard Oliver's voice, again. "I'm down here."

Knowing I was dreaming, I started to jump the rail and glide down to him, but heard a soft meow from behind me. 

"Well, hello, Mrs

"Well, hello, Mrs. Norris." I was just about to attempt to pet her when I remembered what that meant. "Mr. Filch." 

Forgetting I was dreaming and that I wouldn't get in trouble, I hurried down the stairs. Thankfully, they were asleep, too, because they didn't move, allowing me to get down them rather quickly. Once I reached the bottom, I looked for Oliver but didn't see him.

"Oliver?" I whispered. "Where are you?"

"Follow me, Willow, so nobody will bother us," he replied, sounding a lot flirtier than usual.

"Um, okay." I was beginning to like this dream.

I felt myself walking... walking down corridors I'd never seen. Even though I had no idea where I was going, I felt Oliver's pull. And when he'd call my name, it'd only make the pull even stronger. I heard myself call for him, again, but only inside my head. When he answered back, it was also inside my head.

I'm in here, he called from the room beside me as the door opened.

I stepped into the dark room, anxious to enjoy my dream with Oliver. Where?